Flashlight, Handgun combo questiom

nefprotector

Flashlight, Handgun combo question

I have a Ruger P95 with accessory rail, which I could care less about. I would like to know what flashlight do you ladies and gents carry. No pistol mounted lights please.

Last edited:
I guess I'm cheap but...I've been very happy with the lowest-price dual-CR123 critter I could find:

http://www.amazon.com/Duracell-Daylite-160-Lumen-Flashlight-Batteries/dp/B002FU6KEI

Spotted it on sale at my local hardware store for $30. Surprisingly good...simple on-off on the tail cap, aluminum body, doesn't adjust very much but oh well. Dunno if it's putting out ALL of "160 lumens" (probably not) but it's pretty damn bright and I think would briefly blind somebody at night. Should also survive use as a Kubaton at least once or twice :).

I like Fenix lights.
On the "tactical" side, I have a TK12 that works great (123 batteries).
I also have a LD10; although the switch isn't as good for quick work under stress, IMO. (1 AA battery)

Last edited:
I used to carry nothing but a Surefire G2 or P6 but got tired of spending $10 for the batteries and $25-35 for bulbs. I do security work at night and use a light ALOT and that added up pretty quick. I have since switched to a Streamlight Strion which is rechargeable (up to 300 charges) and the bulbs are only $7. It's plenty bright and alot cheaper compared to the Surefires over time. Been using it for about a year now and been very pleased with it.

I carry a Surefire C2 Centurion HA-III with Z48 tailcap, M2 bezel, Malkoff M61 dropin, and FM65 red tip off filter with a 17670 Li-Ion rechargeable.
Bombproof and perty...

Shao

Surefire 6P LED Defender with Surefire Combat Ring. It originally came with a P60L head, but I replaced it with a KX4D head and put the old head on a G2 body.

I used to carry nothing but a Surefire G2 or P6 but got tired of spending $10 for the batteries and $25-35 for bulbs. I do security work at night and use a light ALOT and that added up pretty quick. I have since switched to a Streamlight Strion which is rechargeable (up to 300 charges) and the bulbs are only $7. It's plenty bright and alot cheaper compared to the Surefires over time. Been using it for about a year now and been very pleased with it.
If you use a light that much why wouldn't you get an LED?

If you use a light that much why wouldn't you get an LED?

Doing alot of vehicle searches and LED lights don't see through auto glass as well as regular lights, they are a little softer and reflect off the glass more.

This is what I carry...

3955519dynamicviews600x600.jpg

It costs $10. I have had mine for 2 years and use rechargeable batteries. works for me.
http://nebotools.com/

I had a pair of Nebos like sserdlihc posted. Both broke to the point of being inconsistent with their light output (flickering) with simple daily carry in my pocket. I switched to Fenix lights and have been quite happy with them. Picked up a few different models at REI for camping on the cheap. I highly recommend them.

SureFire E2 everyday, whether I think I'll need it or not.

Add an old SureFire 6Z in Sidearmor carrier when I think I might have a use for a flashlight.

I like the streamlight scorpion. normally ~$40 I got a second one on sale for $28 last year.

I loved my surefire E1e but I lost that tiny bugger:(

I also have a streamlight stylus (about the size of an ink pen) it is a good secondary and pretty bright for 2 AAA batts. they make a single AAA version too. battery life is pretty good. I use that thing daily at work and in a year I don't remember having to change the batteries. I want to say maybe I did once just to be safe but I really don't remember ever doing it.

I carry a Surefire Backup (E1B). It is a bit pricey at $140, but it puts out 110 lumens on high power and has a 5 lumen low output that makes it very useful. It is only 4 inches long and operates off a single lithium CR123 battery. I've had mine for a few years now and I love it!

Backup_45L_large_24511.png

Back