Five Guns to Buy Before Election 2016: ‘Hillary Clinton Edition’

Do you think you will eventually have the yen for one or the other?
Basically, the velvet hammer will probably come down as a "grandfathered" ban where you and I will get to keep our evil black rifles, but our kids will automatically not be trusted enough to take possession of our toys. B/c well, they're untrustworthy until proven innocent or choose to work for the machine, I guess.
Point being: buying any of these and with the plan to unload it in the future on the legal market will probably be stymied. So, if you think you would like an AK-pattern rifle, buy all the magazines you can afford now and get the AK that you know you want to have most. If you absolutely know that you'll want an AR pistol, then do your research and consider the listed pistol.

If you really have no interest in these rifles, then....no action required.

Last edited:
doofus47 said:
...the velvet hammer will probably come down as a "grandfathered" ban where you and I will get to keep our evil black rifles, but our kids will automatically not be trusted enough to take possession of our toys... buying any of these and with the plan to unload it in the future on the legal market will probably be stymied.
Absolutely agreed, and I've said so in previous threads on the topic. A grandfather clause will allow the anti-gunners to maintain the rhetorical position that "we're not taking away your guns," since they wouldn't be literally taken away – the supply would just be gradually whittled away by attrition. :mad:

The takeaway... if you want to buy stuff because it might be banned, buy it because YOU PERSONALLY WANT IT and not because you think you might be able to resell at a profit and/or trade for something you actually want. Be prepared to be unable to legally do so. :(

Last edited:
Any gun that is listed on the Maryland Assault Weapons Ban purchase list, might be a start --- even though the law has plenty of holes --- Such as AK47, AK74, M1A, Sterling Carbine including tactical AR15's.

I have the Standard Manufacturing DP-12 shotgun, for the quality it's worth the price.

Definitely, a must have ! I would have to disagree with "Old Bill Dibble"

I'm shying away from anything that is considered an "assault weapon" and then slowly away from anything that uses a "caliber of war" (yes even 9MM). While I will keep what I have I am concerned about the possibility of these eventually being nontransferable or frankly a required "buy-back" at a pittance of value. I'm not sure that grandfathering in is going to be a thing in ten years or so

Lohman, I don't see things getting that bad over the next 20 years or so. Registration? Possibly. Raise the age to buy semi-auto rifles to 21? Maybe. Universal background checks? More likely. Banning the manufacturing or import of drums and magazines over 30 rounds? Maybe.

Buyback at a pittance? I don't see that happening. I can understand not buying assault rifles for other reasons - i.e. they are/will be selling at a premium and there really is no shortage of AR's, Tavors, and AK's. In fact, there is likely a HUGE glut of them.

The things that are really going to increase in value (or have increased in value) are high-quality, large capacity, foreign made handguns. German HK's and German Sigs; Swiss Sphinx pistols; higher grade CZ 75B's, Competition grade Tanfoglios; certain FN pistols.

I think in 5 years if you look back at today's price of an HK USP Expert or Tactical and the Kriss Sphinx SDP 9MM, you will think "DANG, WHY DIDN'T I BUY BOTH OF THOSE???"

Last edited:
I don't hunt, and for the last 40 years I have only owned handguns. In fact for much of those years at any one time I owned a single handgun. Recently I actually sold off some handguns to simplify my life. A few for home defense, a few for concealed carry, a few for target shooting at the range and just one for sentimental reasons.

But for me, the upcoming election probably would not affect any specific gun I might want, but buying any guns may become exponentially more difficult and thus expensive once Hilary starts to issue her un-Constitutional Executive Orders. If she wins, I expect Republicans to be so cowed by her that they will grumble but do nothing to stop her, including eventually approving her left wing choices for the Supreme Court.

So just to have one in the house, this election got me to recently buy a 12 gauge pump shotgun and a moderate supply of OO buck on a "just in case needed" basis.

Got plenty of guns already, but that doesn't mean I have all I want! But, I'm noy buying something because it might be banned. I like levers, pumps and semi-auto pistols. Side by side shotguns, and anything 16ga.

I've been watchin Gunbroker for the "right" Marlin 336 in .35 Remington (vintage), but it hasn't appeared yet. Next pistols will be a Sig and a S&W Victory. Oh yeah, plenty of primers, powders and cases, cause I figure the choke hold will occur in ammo.

I would say that anything semi auto with a detachable magazine would be a good candidate for a buy now list, especially with a pistol grip stock.
I can't say that some of my purchases have not been politically driven. I am a revolver, bolt action and lever action guy and although semi autos are at the bottom of my list, the ones I had picked out jumped to the top of my list so I could have them before they were unobtainable due to restrictions, demand or price. Now if any one isn't convinced that this is a real issue, try to find a unconverted Saiga NIB. I am very glad that is one of my choices that I moved to the top of the list a couple of years ago.

5 _you say? That's a very difficult choice for me. As I have a list longer than Santa's.

My advice: Buy those that won't be confiscated under Law.
If it happens. (Confiscation.) Sadly. We allready know which ones to bury in the back yard.

Alright got my hands on the DP-12 one favorite guns shooting.

YWgiI

I really want to either get the Travor, or Siaga 12. Not sure though yet.

Ain't nuttin' there that interests me. I doubt there will be any new major firearm restrictions introduced because of the change in administration. This is just another marketing technique to promote sales.

Yes there will be more restrictions on guns, ammo, mags. and accessories either by laws pasted or ex. order. Me, no I sold those off years ago.

Back