First tower blind build...

Rembrandt

Kinda jealous of those Texas tower blinds, decided to try and build one.

Collected some 30' power line poles and augured them in the ground. Wanted something big enough for a couple kids and adults. Eight foot high ceiling, 8'X12' floor plan.

Walls were prefabricated in the garage and painted ahead of time, winched up to the platform with ATV.

Features a 5' extended deck and 3/4" thick rubber livestock mats for dampening noise.

003_zpsb9ec25f4.jpg

021_zps55f75189.jpg

011_zps7670bf40.jpg

016_zps58b744b2.jpg

023_zpsd621f328.jpg

031_zps607ae537.jpg

Nice job. It should be very comfortable.

One word of caution, though. Get better chairs. Those lawn chairs will do for a while, but you're going to want an upgrade soon. Don't go whole-hog with a Lazy-Boy, but I find that those white PVC chairs just don't do it.

Nice job! I agree on the chairs. I actually have a boat chair on a pedestal I built so the whole thing swivels. I can shoot at almost any angle without having to get up.

No wood stove? (That's the latest improvement to mine.)

WOW!!!!

That's the cat's PJ's

On the chair suggestion, Watch for Staples or Office Max.....or some other type of office store to put swivel type office chairs on sale. You can normally get something really really nice for 50-75 bucks. It will be fully height adjustable, comfortable, and quiet.

Stack-able lawn chairs are temporary, I like the idea of an adjustable office chair. Just in case someone gets sleepy, installed a hammock to catch a nap. Grand kids are planning to do an overnight camp out soon.....should be enough room for six small sleeping bags on the floor.

A couple more pics...

006_zps28d76513.jpg

035_zps02f71d88.jpg

Very impressive, i'd find some mounted stools or something similar for chairs. Office chairs seem like they would be loud and to comfortable for those long hunts.

Now I've built some tower blinds but geez!!!! That thing is a motel!!! lol. Bring 2 rifles with you though. You can start off for deer and when the sun goes down, go for hogs or yotes!!!

It would appear that you may have trouble shooting past the porch rails on the front deck but hey, it's pretty fancy. We like to build ours a little more basic and set them on old wagons so they're more portable.

Back