First timmer

Canardman I'm thinking that price was for 1000 (10 tins) with $27 hazmat. I've never ever seen 1 tin listed for that price.

BTW, you can use plastic toy gun caps in a pinch. They fit as good as a #10 cap (maybe a bit snug) but are more corrosive so a good scrubbing right after shooting is a must. Only use real BP with them as they are a bit weaker but real BP doesn't need as much as substitutes like Pyrodex or Tripple 7, etc, and clean the nipple channel with a pick to keep them clear before reloading the cylinder. I actually have a tin of #10 caps and some toy caps mixed in with them. :eek:

Last edited:
Canardman I'm thinking that price was for 1000 (10 tins) with $27 hazmat. I've never ever seen 1 tin listed for that price.
You are correct, sir. I went back and checked and said they were packaged in tins of 100 ten units to an order. But sadly... out of stock. I did have a friend give me some #11 caps today. They are a little large, but I did at least get to fire it for the first time. They will work if I slightly crimp them. Not really what I was expecting. I loaded it with 20gr of black powder. No more recoil than my single six. It also had a unique report. I think this could become addictive. :D

I think this could become addictive.

You have no idea (yet)... The BP bug hit me when I was 15. 52 now. BTW, not sure if you hunt but that 20gr load works well for rabbits. Punches a nice hole without damaging much meat.

OK, I got to shoot it a few times this weekend. Unfortunately, I only have some #11 caps and it is a real PITA to only shoot one chamber at a time. I have done a couple hours of searching only to find that the correct caps are going to be out of stock for a long time.
Anyone know what is driving the shortage of #10 & #11 percussion caps? I can find musket caps around here but none if the smaller ones.

So, Dixie Gun Works has #11 caps in stock now so I ordered some CCI and German types to see which I like better.
However, I got a surprising call from them yesterday. I placed an order on my checking card from my credit union. Without them notifying me, my credit union decided to cancel my card and send me a new one because of something going on with Target store. Well, my card was declined. A lady form Dixie calls me to inform me of this. I said "yeah, I was afraid this might happen. I found out this week that that card had been canceled recently." Before I could explain that I wasn't sure if this transaction was effected or not, she got very rude with me and informs me that I should have called and let her know. I quickly gave her another card number and she told my I needed to call back in a couple hours to make sure it cleared. Before I could say anything she hung up on me. Hopefully she was just having a bad day. Another interaction like that with them and it will be my last dealings with them. Which is sad for me, they have lots of good stuff.

Back