First Time with Transferable S&W Machine Pistol

Not too long ago, I had a gentleman complain to the range master regarding my full auto. He said it was obnoxious. It made me sad.
I suppose I can kinda see where he's coming from depending on his definition of obnoxious. Someone waltzing in with an expensive F/A while everyone else can only afford a semi could be considered obnoxious.

Someone waltzing in with an expensive F/A while everyone else can only afford a semi could be considered obnoxious.

I cant afford a 200mph Audi R8 ($250,000), but when i parked next to one at the In-n-out in Vegas last month..i appreciated the car.

I suppose I can kinda see where he's coming from depending on his definition of obnoxious. Someone waltzing in with an expensive F/A while everyone else can only afford a semi could be considered obnoxious.

Ehhh, I don't see it that way at all. I love to see full-auto at gun ranges, as long as the folks shooting them know how to control their gun. Most full-auto's that you will encounter at an indoor or even an outdoor range will be .45, 9mm, or .223. Nothing all that loud or obnoxious at all.

Expensive guns - I LOVE TO SEE THEM!!! No gun can be so expensive that I would think it is "obnoxious". In fact, about the only gun I might find obnoxious would be a 50 BMG pistol. Still, I'd love to see it!

Sharkbite said:
shooterdownunder said:
Someone waltzing in with an expensive F/A while everyone else can only afford a semi could be considered obnoxious.
I cant afford a 200mph Audi R8 ($250,000), but when i parked next to one at the In-n-out in Vegas last month..i appreciated the car.
This. Besides, isn't petty jealousy something we were taught to avoid back in kindergarten?

I can't afford machine guns, but if people like Tony didn't have machine guns it wouldn't bring me any closer to having my own. The only reason I've had the chance to shoot any full-auto guns since I got out of the Marines is because of collectors like Tony letting me shoot their guns. That's the opposite of obnoxious.

Back