first time at 300 with my 22-250

Yep, already have a 22-250, but was thinking of getting a lighter "walk around" rig for easier portability in same cartridge. Probably wind up with a lighter 22-250. Great round.

Not an intentional hijack but my brother finally unearthed his 22-250 from his closet after badgering, (4 years) finally broke him down like a dirty sparkplug, The rifle is a custom Mark V, action and barrel glassbedded by his own hand. His loads echo the use of IMR 4895, with Nosler 52 grain spitzers, I will find his velocity and post later after a range session...Im pretty stoked to finally shoot this little lazer beam..

Hijack or not, glad to know you're "stoked", hooligan. More "drivil", eh? :rolleyes:

i dont consider it a hijack. its always good to hear anything about another shooters experience. especially since it did still pertain to the opening post i guess and also shared some info so thanks man and i am glad that you are excited as well. we do however expect a range report when you get the chance though

One of my favorite accuracy/varmint loads for the .22-250 Rem was 34.5 grains of IMR 4895, using Sierra 55 grain, Semi-Pointed bullets.

My rifle loves 34 grains of IMR-4895 with a 52 grain BTHP. That load has served me well and taken many groundhogs. That was a load that my reloading mentor started me with years and years ago.

Back