First handgun you ever bought

Shortly after my 21st birthday I purchased a slightly used Smith & Wesson nickel plated model 13. Wonderful shooter.. Probably the most accurate handgun I've ever owned. Sold it to a buddy so I could buy my first 1911a1 government model.. As usual when I sell or trade a gun, any gun I have feeling of regret.. Was especially true when the Smith and I parted..Mark /Fl

HK USP .45

I was shooting a friend's 9mm Glocks before that, but I like bigger bang.

Rather than get a cheaper gun, I figured I'd get the best right off the bat so I would not regret it later.

Model 28 with 6in barrel. I think I paid $125 for it. Could not afford a Python or Model 27. Bought the year I turned 21. I still have it too.

Johnboy

When I was 16 I bought a Colt Gold Cup .45 with money I earned from working in the Alaskan fish canneries. Ever since, I am a diehard .45 man. I bought it for self protection and feel that no better caliber exists for this purpose than the .45. I currently own (and swear by) the Glock Model 21.

A P.38 for $25, followed by a .38-44 S&W (by mail order) for $24.95 plus S&H; marked Colorado Highway Patrol on backstrap.

Jim

A beretta 92fs because I was familiar with it from the military. Boy-I wish I still had that gun. I never shot less than 100% on any Q-course with that beauty. Now excuse me while I go cry...

A thunder super 380. Its all my wallet could afford. I was new in this gun business and I was not very particular on which model I should purchase.

Just like johnboy, I bought an S&W model 28 357 magnum, 6". Think I paid about $185 & that was about 20+ years ago. Used it for paper punching & then long range metallic silhouette - but beyond 150yds the rear sight wouldn't go high enough. (Of course! It ain't made for that.) Good strong gun, but eventually sold it and bought other revolvers

I purchase a 4 inch nickel plated Colt Diamondback when I turned 16. I bought it because I had read that the 38 special was an easy reloading caliber and the price was right. $150 new in the box. I would have liked something like a Python, but I could not find one used. (Had to be 18 to buy a new handgun back then).

I still have the diamondback and have shot it in the range of about 20,000 rnds over the last 20 odd years. (For over a decade it was the only gun I owned, and I shot it as often as I could afford it).

Neat thread

Back