Finders Keepers?

The old adage "It ain't how you win. Its so long as you win" doesn't apply to a good sportsman. I've given up allot of Game over the years to those who claimed they fired the previous or first shot. Even though I knew I was in the the Right to keep it. Deer, (more than one) upland birds, a few geese. No big deal. I'd rather hunt than stand my ground and argue over a (perhaps or not) wounded legally harvested animal. Any day of the week.

I've experienced fellows coming up to me more than once and claiming He shot a game animal (not at but) before I did. Thus it belongs to him. He all red in the face. Hammer-attitude cocked and his trigger tweaked for a argument. Surprise surprise!! "No problem." Quite a few times I've done all I can to de-fuse the situations for the good of us both. Up too and including he taking the animal in question with my Blessing. ~~Me, I'll get another my freezer seldom stays empty in the Fall. Frankly: I want my hunting experiences and their memory's to be all positive. I don't want to dwell on those minor disappointments.

Back