Finally talked dad out of the low wall.

mattL46 said:
...my grand father was very talented as a hobby gunsmith. He put all of this together.
I hate to break the news, but your grandad put the cheek piece on the wrong side!! :eek: j/k Are you a southpaw also by chance?

...bug :)

That's a very good question. Bumble bug. Knowing him he had it laying around and made it work he didn't care too much else about how correct it was. I live in his house and that rings so true...

But no I'm most definatley orthodox. Could have been he acquired it with the wood already on it. After asking my dad he didn't do a whole lot of wood work. So now I may have to recant my above statement it wasn't "completely" thrown together by him. Still super sweet though right?

Sorry mattL46, I was just kidding. "Southpaw" is slang for left-handed. The good thing about single-shot rifles is that they can be shot either right or left handed. Your grandad's rifle has a cheek piece on the right side making me think he may have customized it for himself because he was left-handed. The good thing is it can be held & shot either way.

Nice rifle & keepsake!

...bug :)

No I totally understood bumble bug. I actually pulled it back out. The cheek piece is actually on both sides. After speaking with my dad he didn't do a whole lot to the rifle. I just assumed he did considering some of the other stuff he has done. Thank you so much for the kind words.

Back