Finally got a Seneca.

I ran some roundball today. Now I have some balls on hand. Maybe next weekend I'll get around to actually shooting some of them!

(I made about 3X this many, this was right as I was getting started);)
F60B50FC-CFDF-4835-86F8-AB1C2D2278AD_zps3mgw53u1.jpg

029B46C0-7209-49B5-B503-322AAE3183EC_zpsixpvmbxp.jpg

Last edited:
I have a Cherokee in .32 and two Seneca,s, a .36 and .45. nice handleing easy carrying rifles. I think there the best factory small bore rifles ever made and wish they had been made in flintlock, I would have bought several if they had.

Very nice rifle. I have had my eye on one for a lot more than what you paid. And 45 is my favorite BP caliber. The 45 I have now is a Cabelas Hawken kit I bought many years ago for $129. I don't know if they even sell kits any more.

But that is my most shot BP rifle. But its heavy. Thats why I want the same gun you have. I also have a Pedersoli Scout Carbine in 45 on my want list. But those run around $750 now.

I had a Seneca in 36 caliber and I could kick my own butt for ever selling it. Boy howdy that gun was fun to shoot. I liked to shoot 357 hollow base wad cutter bullets out of it. They were like little hollow base Minnie Balls.

You may want to order one of the Lee molds that cast a 200gr REAL bullet. My 45 shoots those as well as it shoots round balls. Thats a little more bullet weight than the 50 caliber round ball.

Back