Finally bought a Glock 19

Always liked the looks but could never get the G19 I owned to shoot where I was aiming. At 30' I was consistently center left a couple of inches. I bought a grip Force Adapter which changes the angle a bit and I improved but I sold the gun.

Then, a few minutes ago I stumbled across this video which may really apply to the Glock and their unique grip angle.

I hope it helps, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNVYu3koF4o
Not the best idea if you want accurate and timely follow up shots.

It would be better to work on the weak hand grip to keep the gun from shooting left for a right handed shooter.

For so many years, I was proud to be a Glock hater, just like everybody else. I thought they were ugly, and I sucked up the laments regarding the grip angle and how uncomfortable they were. A few years ago,though, I started to succumb to the idea that the G19 was a really good pistol, and I actually grew to like its looks and its size. Watching Hickock45 videos had a huge hand in my conversion, as he's a definite Glock guy.

A little over a year ago, I got a good deal on a new Gen 3 G19. The grip works for me, and it feels right in my hand. Its balance and weight seem to complement my shooting style. At 7 yards, I can rip the bull out and make one big, 20 shot hole with nary an effort.

I wish that the trigger were a little lighter, but it breaks crisp. I can control the recoil on the G19 better than I can on most of my other 9mm's, and get back on target quicker. I load 115 JHP's in the 9mm, using Precision Delta or Montana Gold bullets. The G19 has never choked on any of them. I even like the OEM sights.

I've put a stainless recoil spring guide in it, but that's all. After 800 rounds or so, the barrel hood isn't even scuffed. I'm a convert. I freakin' love this gun.

Currently:

3 19's and a 20 here---all Gen 3's

Just put a smooth Glock trigger in my main 19 shooter but haven't shot it yet---have always liked the smooth triggers better in the larger Glocks.

Had various other Glocks in the past.

Bought my Glock 19 18-19 years ago. Never had a problem. I have no idea how many rounds I have put through it, but it is in the thousands. It has been a great gun and I am sure it will be for years.

I didn't want to like them.

I had Hi Power, Beretta, 1911, CZ75, etc. They all worked great and I didn't want no stinkin' plastic pistol. Then my FiL bought a police trade-in G22 for cheap. Dang, that thing was a good shooter! I got a trade-in G22 for myself, and barrel plus magazine so I could shoot it in 9mm. I also got a G43 and G26 for CC.

I still like my metal pistols just fine, but there is certainly nothing wrong with the Glocks. I like the trigger, mine have never malfunctioned, and I shoot them better than average for semiautomatic service pistols.

Some years ago, I bought a Glock 23, which I believe is the 40 version of the Model 19. I no longer have it for two reasons 1. The trigger in a trigger design makes my finger sore after 2-3 magazines. Any time I see a new polymer gun with that trigger design, I pass. 2. The Glock is the only pistol with which I have experienced an accidental discharge. After firing what I thought was a complete magazine, the slide locked back on what I assumed to be an empty magazine.
I dropped the slide and removed the magazine (wrong sequence :(), which was empty as expected. Before putting it away, I pointed it in a safe direction and pulled the trigger. SURPRISE ! Yeah, I know, I should have done it differently but taught me a lesson on how easy it is for something to go wrong.

My story is about the same as everyone else here. I hated Glock for many years based off looks alone......then my friend let me put a few hundred rounds through his 19. I really wanted to hate it but it just grew on me. I've now carried a 26 for about 10 years with several thousand rounds through it. Now I brag that my 26 and 17 ugly!

Fox84: said:
Maybe with the removable backstraps I can get a grip I like.

My Gen3 17 & 19 both have Grip Force Adapters. My Gen4 21 and my 19x each have the large beavertail backstraps installed. I learned from a few LEO shooting friends that the darn things just point & therefore shoot better (for me anyway) when they are set up this way.

Back