Final Battle..What to Take?

LASur5r

I thought I'd bring this one upp just for fun...I was listening to an evangelist today on the radio when he brought up Armageddon and the tribulations that came with it. He mentioned that there would be "an army of the East," composed of 200 million soldiers to fight the combined armies opposing it.
Assuming we are called to this Final Battle and we are all on the right side, what two or three weapons would you take with you and why?

A good book.

A case of Killian's Irish Red.

Giant Economy Size bag of pretzels.

Seriously, I'll take an Apache helicopter, an M-60 with plenty of belts, and a Glock 31.

Crap...I don't think I have 200 million rounds of .223!

Hk93A3, AR15 (M4 style as backup in same caliber because I'm not hauling a Benelli and 12ga shells as well all over hell's half acre), and Glock 21 or 30. It would take a while to decide. I really doubt a conventional war of that scale would occur though...
Oh, wait...you said FINAL battle...in that case some holy water, a cross, and a cool pope hat! Safe passage for judgement day.

one of those funky automatic 40mm grenade launchers that HK puts out ... either that or a quad .50 mount ... pass me the ammo please and splash some cold water over the barrel thank you ...

seriously though if it comes to hawaii then where the heck would i go?

Thats easy, an A-10 Warthog with its 30mm Vulcan loaded with alternating AP-incendiary and fragmentation and every 20th round a tracer-incendiary. Plus a truck with a squillion ammo belts and lots of spare parts and another truck jet fuel.

------------------
"Facts are meaningless. You can use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true."
Homer Simpson... but attributed to Algore.

Pansies.

1. Thermonuclear device capable of turning the combat area to glass.

2. orbital platform from which to launch said device.
"It's the only way to be sure"

3. A sheaf of papal indulgences for all my past misdeeds.

;)

um ... all these cultured opinions change my mind ... i think i want one of these:

(1) one ob dem star destroyers from *return ob da jedi*

(2) one ob dem romulan warbirds i see on *deep space nine* when i stay up at home coz i can't goto sleep and am too lazy to go out and get drunk

(3) mah gurl ... mo vicious den any bear, cat, dawg i have ebba seen in mah life ... prolly da mos ruthless street fighta i kno to boot

heck ... just gimme (3) :p

Newspaper and gloves? I'd just run out there naked and start smackin' 'em all with my D. The ones that didn't get killed would be too insecure to fight anymore!

I know this question is for fun. But it sounds like you might have a deeper question on your mind. A part of being a martial artist is learning and training to survive. Surviving against a neighborhood gangbanger, mugger, or even Armageddon. Unfortunately, we all eventually die. No one holds out forever. Now, your survival in the next life depends on one thing. When you were living, was Jesus Christ your Saviour? Did he pay for your sins? Or do you want to try to do it yourself? He says you can't do it on your own. He actually paid for you with his body on the cross.

A smart martial artist knows when to tap. Are you prepared?

And know when to run...
Not every fight is one you hafta fight.
But there are times when you have to make you stand.

I prefer the sunday paper. Makes it nice and heavy. If I am feeling real mean - I'll roll up a wet towel.

I like the thermonuclear device...now if we could just turn it out to work directional like a claymore?

Just hang on to the Vulcan to catch some of the stray minions.

Wussie? I'm too old for this s**#, my days of carrying a dueling glove and dragging seconds around are long past. I don't have the time nor the inclination for the niceties of a mano y mano combat.

Kill 'em all?

For me, I would choose a turbo plasma rifle (with 200 small energy cells) and a power armor (modified by Smitty in the Hub). Having 8 Perception and 9 Agility really help too. Energy weapon rating should be 150% or above. And plenty of Stimpaks (about 40 or so).

Ooops. Sorry. This is the wrong board. I thought I was at a Fallout and Fallout 2 fan site (shrug)...

Skorzeny

------------------
For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the supreme excellence. Sun Tzu

silver bullets, wooden stakes, tarus pt92, model 94 winchester, holy books(just to be sure take three or four from different religions), some good music, cd player, desert eagle 440 cor-bon. mk-19 full auto 40mm grenade launcher, a tank.
and a shovel.

that would be my needs.

------------------
while u are burying your head in the sand i will be out doing something about the problem, excuse me if i tramp upon your skull.

Well, in the unlikley event that some dimensional portal opens and the hordes of hell come spewing forth like the pea soup in The Exorcist, then I'd just ask for a good chiropractor....cause I'm gonna shoot all of my ammo and when that don't do s--t, I'll bend over , put my head between my legs, and kiss my @$$ good-bye.

I would drop 500 million leaflets with pictures of Janet Reno and Sarah Brady on them. One look at that and they should turn to stone. Hey, maybe thats what is behind those terra cotta soldiers in China.....how old is Janet Reno????

[This message has been edited by CD1 (edited September 19, 2000).]

the thought of the free world saved by janet reno and tipper gore makes me ill. sarah brady i can empathize with to a certain degree (some degree of personal tragedy motivates her, rather than outright stupidity) ... ya i know, give janet reno a tank and that 200 million-strong horde is dust ... but would i want to be here when she turns that thing around and comes back!?

hell no ... gimme that orbital nuclear strike please.

Back