Fighting Knives

Carry a scimitar from coldsteel... a real sleeper. this blade it great
carrys real low on the waist line as well. nastiest thing with the "reverse grip" since the Hobbit. :-) check it out
loandr.

Usually carry a Gerber Easy-Out clipped to right front pocket. Carry a Case Yellow-handle Stockman to work in cabinet shop & to church.

The knife is not as important as the training. I've been to Emerson's training and highly recommend it. It gets to the point - more martial, less art. Grappling included!

That being said I carry an Emerson with the "wave" because of its quick deployment. BTW this was chosen before I attended his class.

Thanks for all the info. I settled for the "Buck NightHawk" fixed blade its a very nice knife. I paid a friend $40 for it. He bought some type of Emerson and didnt need the Buck anymore. Good for me. Keep 'EM coming if you like.

fighting knives

In England ( and otherwhere ) Stanley cutters are considered as "very dangerous weapons.."

In England, I think anything harder and sharper than a marshmallow is considered a "very dangerous weapon." What a sad decline for a once-great country.

bela,

By your Stanley reference, you mean what we here more commonly call 'box cutters'. They have certainly gained notoriety on this side of the Atlantic after the 9/11 terror attacks.

In England and on the Continent, I believe that Stanleys are typically carried by soccer hooligans for the sport of slashing unsuspecting sportsfans.

I personally don't feel this falls into the category of a fighting knife.

I almost always carry a Leatherman Wave. I love that thing!

The knife collection keeps growing, but the ones I find myself carrying/using most often:

Leatherman Micra on the keychain
Spyderco Endura plain edge,
Emerson CQC7B
USMC KBar.
Cold Steel Safe Keeper III

Surprisingly, I find myself preferring the Spyderco rather than the Emerson. The thumbhole is more comfortable and ergonomic to me and I've had problems with the tension on the main screw of the CQC7, namely the screw loosening up and the damn blade punching through my pants. @%&#$&!!! Locktite solved the loosening problem, but now the knife doesn't open very smoothly. Has anyone else had this problem? I'm not a big fan of the liner lock on it, either.

The Benchmade 806D2 AFCK AXIS or 721 Mel Pardue looks like my next folder.

Tom

Smith & Wesson SWAT folder in my back pocket. Used to use a CRKT folder, still carry it sometimes when discretion is the better part of valor (hard to hide that huge S&W stainless clip hanging out of your pocket). At work (campus safety), a Gerber multitool on my duty belt.

I carry one, or two, most of the time. I do not entertain any fantasy of using one for defense though. I carry a .45 for that.

The knife that you can always have on you is the best one at the time, because it available, so I guess that would be my everyday carry Gerber AirRangerII. However I prefer my Randall Model #1 . Fix blades are stronger quicker to for presentation , but folders are easier to carry and attract less attention. No correct answer there are always a trade offs.

Back