FFg for both pistol and rifle?

I use FFF in every gun that I have. Shooting 240 gr 44 in a sabot in 50 cal the FF and FFF. The FF 100 gr will shoot the same with 80 gr of FFF At 150 yards. So I use the FFF.

Kappe said:
FFg for both pistol and rifle?

Sure, why not. won't hurt anything..... you could use fffg in both too & it wouldn't hurt; just give different performance characteristics.

I have a pair of Uberti 1861 Navies that will shoot one hole groups - 22 gr fffg, wad & .380 rb. Have cut 5 cards with 5 shots with them as well.

from what I see with my guns with FF you can load the gun where you dont need to do a breakfeast dance with some sort of cream of wheat. A lot of people use FFF and load like its rocket sience on getting the ball moved to the front of the cylinder while just using FF cures that issue.

Haha, I had a good giggle at that, radom. I never understood the guys who stuff cornmeal, cream of wheat, n such into their C&B guns. Guns eat gunpowder, not people food! :D

Hey now, I like cream of wheat as the wad under the ball :) . Then I don't have to bother with grease on the front.

Hey now, I like cream of wheat as the wad under the ball . Then I don't have to bother with grease on the front.
What? :confused: How does cream of wheat provide the lubrication that a wonder wad or grease provides?

Kappe

You ought to go to the Nationals at Friendship In. And tell them of your discovery.
I'm sure they would welcome your ideas and learning that they been doing it
all wrong for almost 100 years. I know I was.

Last edited:
Back