Feral hogs in Florida hunt this Easter.. sidearm

Will the JHP actually open and expand? Just off the cuff, I'd figure that the Ball would be more reliable for penetration.

This is funny. I value the forums opinions a lot more. More so than the man who told me the other stuff. Only thing I understand a little more now is .45ACP over .357SIG. But ball definitely would make more sense instead of JHP's.

I won't be getting my 1911 beater in time. So I guess the Glock 30 is coming with me I would bring the SIG P220, but it's got this magazine issue right now.

I only use a pistol to finish off a hog if it is very close and I can place the shot through the brain. Otherwise, I just go ahead and use my rifle.

Given your choices, Constantine, I would suggest you carry that which you can shoot best 1 handed.

It's not the caliber, it's the bullets. ACP and Sig bullets are designed for people.

...which means they won't work on hogs? Okay, the source material for this has got to be interesting. Please share.

side arm

Personal experience with a 350 pound tusker who rose up after being hit with my .444 fell to a hastily fired 41 mag with 220gr linotype lead.

:D
u5ugetyv.jpg

What a tease! Now let's hear the story to include the caliber, bullet selection and performance via post mortem or I'll claim that was a cardboard cutout of you with someone else's pig!:D

Back