FBI misuses authority according to DOJ IG Glen Fine and Washington Post

I'm not so concerned about RealID, but I am deeply disturbed by these national security letters, and especially by the gag orders which accompany them. FISA courts have been derided as a "rubber stamp" court because requests for their warrants were rare, and refusals almost unheard of. That tells me that if a warrant request was refused by a FISA court, it deserved to be refused, and the proper response is NOT to simply go around the court and tell everyone to shut up about it.

The case for NSL's, from the Heritage Foundation.

I read a few articles from mainstream/lefty sources as well this morning, and came to two conclusions: I'm going to have to read the IG's report to see what it REALLY says without the spin, and Senator Patrick Leahy might just be a moron.

publius42 wrote: The case for NSL's, from the Heritage Foundation.

I read a few articles from mainstream/lefty sources as well this morning, and came to two conclusions: I'm going to have to read the IG's report to see what it REALLY says without the spin, and Senator Patrick Leahy might just be a moron.

Re Senator Leahy being a "moron", posible however I suspect "two faced double talker" would be closer to the mark.

Middle management is always a big problem. They (middle management) each and all, are thinking humans with personal political opinions that they might advance at every opportunity.

Best known is this business about keeping records on gun owners. In spite of legitimate laws to the contrary, there is no end to excuses as to why they still have these records. How many other examples of illegal actions are not so well known?

Some of those guys have been in middle management so long, they consider all elected officials transients.

cannonballmount writes:

Middle management is always a big problem. They (middle management) each and all, are thinking humans with personal political opinions that they might advance at every opportunity.

Best known is this business about keeping records on gun owners. In spite of legitimate laws to the contrary, there is no end to excuses as to why they still have these records. How many other examples of illegal actions are not so well known?

Some of those guys have been in middle management so long, they consider all elected officials transients.

----------------------------

Sounds reasonable enough but for the following. When these "middle management types" end up stepping on their male organs, as they appear to do, how come they virtually never get cut off at the knees, how come they are never really punished, as with criminal prosecution, and while on that subject, how come their bosses seem to skate free too?

Back