favorite wheelgun?

Ruger, Super Blackhawk .44 mag

Maybe it's the weight of it, maybe it's the noise it makes or the punch it packs, but I absolutely love em. Single action is a bonus. :)

S&W Model 586, 8 3/8" barrel....I'll never part with it.

Smith & Wesson Model 28-2 "Highway Patrolman" model with 6" barrel; and the original bead blasted finish!!!:D:)
I just love those S&W "N" frames!!!:eek::rolleyes:

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, N.R.A. Life Member

S&W mod 657 41 magnum with a 6" barrel. This gun is just plain beautiful. And the trigger! Smoooooth as silk. Accuracy? Simply blew me away. It's funny, we do alot of talkin'(braggin') about our semi-auto's but this six-shooter is absolutely incredible. My other six-shooter is an old S&W Highway Patrolman. How old is this thing? Makes ya feel like you're shootin' a real gun. Instead of bang, bang, bang, it's BOOM, BOOM, BOOM. I love 'em. Best Regards, J. Parker

Hey guys,
My favorite is an old Mod. 28 Highway Patrolman, 4", with recessed cylinders. Made around 1968. Rather rough on the outside and smooth as silk on the inside.
Jeff

Model 58
Model 657
Model 57
Model 657
Model 657
Ruger .41
Ruger .41
A pattern?

Without a doubt, my favorite is my Ruger KGP-141 .357 Magnum. Hands down!

It is built like a bank vault, yet it handles very naturally. It is frighteningly accurate, more so than just about any other gun (revolver or semi) that I have ever fired. It is easy to care for and clean. It is heavy enough to absorb the stout recoil generated by "giant-killer" loads, yet it is pretty easy to carry in the field. It is a very good looking pistol.

What more can I say? Other than I want about 3 more just like it!

Sincerely,
Mntneer357

You can fire it from your bathrobe pocket. . .

But watch out for the muzzle blast. My cousin turned me on to the S&W Model 649.

649.jpg

2" stainless .357 with shrouded hammer, double or single action.

Runner up: Mountain gun in .44 Mag.

1) colt python - 6" blued... must be all that PPC shooting and duty carry (started as a 4")
2) colt diamondback - 4" blued, does everything my python does but in .22lr
3) smith m-696 - 3" mag-na-ported stainless .44spl, because it sits next to my bed at night

S&W model 66 - 4"

Wish I could have it in a 3". I read somewhere
that S&W did a limited production run of 3"
model 19/66 for a distributor.

Dan Wesson model 715 with 4 inch barrel installed. This revolver was hand tuned by Daniel B. himself and returned to me about a week before his passing.

Favorite round-gun, huh? That would have to be my "1988" five-inch barreled S&W Model 625, tuned to perfection by Lou Ciamillo of Maryland Gun Works...AWESOME revolver!!! Accurate, pleasant-to-shoot, pride of ownership...got it ALL!!!....mikey357

New, I must go with the Ruger KGP-161 (.357, 6", full lug, SS). Good trigger out of the box (and getting better), handles full load recoil well and accurate.

Used, its got to be the S&W Model 27. That pistol just feels good. I would not have liked carrying one all day, but for just shooting they're great.

Back