Favorite or best sling?

I don't know the brand of my slings but all but one is a military type sling, great shooting aide. Have one padded leather sling I'd bought for a close friend as a Christmas present years ago, I have it only because he's gone now and has his initials on it.

Leather slings look and smell good but are not nearly as practical as a Cordura nylon.
The op has a wood stock on his 7mag so an old school traditional leather sling would look more appropriate however.

It’s interesting to me how many folks just want an old school leather carry strap with the slipping off shoulder, shoulder shock and poor hasty sling all built in!

I hate to say it, but the military/prs has figured this out. I use the long quick adjustable 2pt adjustable slings on all hunting rifles. I am also pretty happy with my TSI Quick Cuff. When I get my next sling, I think it will be a LRI FTW sling. Look at how it slings up and supports shooting!

https://youtu.be/RMGMy4l2HfQ

All rifle have a 1-inch military leather sling, most shotguns now have a M1 Carbine sling to hang the shotgun over thr head. to allow hands to be free.

There's a guy on eBay selling what he says are Amish made leather goods. I bought a couple of his slings and they were so well made, I bought a couple belts. Sorry I don't remember his user name.

I have a bunch of slings all on QD release swivels so I just grab the one I want at the moment. The 2 leather ones I mentioned went one on mine and the other on my grandson's .45-70 single shots...

Tony

Back