• HK UMP

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Steyr TMP

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Other (Please Specify)

Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've shot an Uzi and an MP-5 as well. I have to go with the Uzi. Kinda odd feeling due to the open bolt design, but I could keep it on target much better than the MP-5, which translates to more accuraccy out of a shorter weapon.

The Mp-5 liked to try and run away, while I could just keep chuggin 3 round bursts out of the uzi and keep them all on a steel torso at 25 yards.

I've shot an Uzi and an MP-5 as well. I have to go with the Uzi. Kinda odd feeling due to the open bolt design, but I could keep it on target much better than the MP-5, which translates to more accuraccy out of a shorter weapon.

My experience was the same. The MP-5 is fun, but the Uzi almost allowed you to write your name with the stream of fire.

The Uzi and the Glock 17 converted to select fire are my favorites. With a shoulder stock and good grip, the pseudo 18 is amazing controllable. In one-handed fire, not so much.

They might refuse all they want. the MP5-10 is going away, forever.
Too bad. I never understood this infatuation with the .223 and short barrels. It's a match made in hell. Ungodly muzzle blast/flash, especially in semi-confined areas, and questionable terminal performance when you start chopping the barrels down really short. (16" is as short as I would go.) Not to mention the increase in reliability problems due to the gas system timing.

Then you have increased shooter fatigue. (Experience it at the range when someone has a 20" AR vs a 16" AR.) Increased hearing damage. Increased chance of setting something on fire that you didn't mean to. (Seen it happen at the range.) Increased chance of injuring someone who is next to you with the muzzle blast and increasing THEIR fatigue level.

After all this you STILL don't have a weapon that is as quick and compact as a submachinegun. If you want to be able to penetrate soft body armor, use AP 9mm ammo. It's available to military/LEO and has been for years.

/just ranting.

Back