Favorite gun stock color?

My vote is matte black or flat black. But I am a hunter,
and don't want glare or reflections startling prey.
Also a Fudd. (Be vewy, vewy quiet...)

Seems pretty split between od green and black. I could do woodgraining, but that costs more money. I already have duracoat supplies and equipment. The point of this thread is for selling the stock. I have no reason to keep it and if i spend too much money refinishing it to sell, it defeats the purpose. I'll wait for a few more days in case there are more responders, but as of right now, it's going to be black or od green. Thanks!

Gray, medium to dark, like some synthetic stocks. Nice walnut with a good satin or gloss finish is beautiful but easily shows even the smallest scratches. Spray paint is easier to refinish.

I always liked digital camo

http://www.kimberamerica.com/mountain-ascent

As far a wood stocks go my favorites are the ones on redheaded Mosin-Nagants. I think think the Russians shellacked those stocks, but if you don't know how to do that, there are some stains that come close to the color (but not the character!) of those old stocks.

Last edited:
Minwax actually makes a color called ''Gunstock''. I did the stock on my old 16ga SxS with it. Kinda slight amber shellac color. Love it!

I am a big fan of laminated wood stocks. I've fitted and finished grey-green laminate stocks on a couple of M-1 Garands and love the way they came out. Here is a pic of a nice one on a Remington 700.

attachment.php

Beautiful stock.

Attachments

• R14577c__32884.jpg
    R14577c__32884.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 79
Walnut.
Although I once had an old Mauser with a brindle colored stock that was really pretty. I almost kept it for the stock.

Back