Favorite game to hunt?

JHgreasemonkey-
I go to E WA, E OR, Idaho, northern NV, and northern CA when I get the itch. WA has a few ground squirrels, but you have to see northern CA if you want to understand why I like varminting. Take a look at this
http://www.highdesertlodging.com/
and you will understand how I went through so many barrels on my 22-250.

swampdog:

where r u in n.c.? im about 30 minuts from the n.c. border. the bear are supposedly getting thicker here according to the VDGIF. but ive only seen 2 in my hunting life and happened to get both of them. id like to see them get a little thicker around here. we have an archery, blackpowder and rifle season for them. dog season also. bears are awesome to see in the wild and not alot have been seen by my friends.

Anthony,
I'm in Camden County, northeastern Carolina. The kill records every year indicate that, in NC, the most and biggest bears are taken in the coastal swamps, which is where I live. Dismal Swamp refuge in Chesapeake has a large population of bears. I've hunted for deer in there on managed hunts and if the population of bears keeps growing I'm sure they'll offer bears hunts in the next couple of years. I don't like to describe how big some of the ones I've seen in there are because people think I'm bs'ing. One was hit by a car a couple of years ago that weighed 800lbs, just outside the refuge, though. They had to get it off the road with a front end loader. They had one that swam across the James running around in Hampton a few years ago, too.

I'm glad to hear they are coming back up there. I worked with an old timer from Boone, NC that said they were about hunted out up around there.

I agree, bears are awesome to see in the wild. Just knowing they're around adds a little spice to every hunting trip I take.

49 days to bow season :D

you need to ask

Bow hunting Elk....well any Elk hunting, nothing like a bugeling bull in the morning....BlackTail deer. Soon to add black bear and turkey to my list
want to go to northen cal for wild pig , then truthfully I like it all :D
and yes E OR. is great varmit hunting

swampdog.

im in smyth county. the denser bear activity is near the coast in Va. also. the population report seems to climb every year here though. im only like an hour from boone. i want to get a bear while bowhunting. bear and deer season coincides up here so if you happen to see one while deer hunting, hes fair game. ive seen only 2 in my life. happened to be hunting and got them both. last one in 98-99 season. both around 300lbs.

Deer for meat. Squirrel for fun, tasty but not enough meat. Grew up rabbit hunting. I love a good pack of Beagles. Been meaning to get over to the game lands around Bladen Co. and try bear, but haven't had time yet.

My favourites are White-tailed deer and Wiley Coyotes.

Both are smart and fast and you have to be on your toes and capable of excellent shooting to get em. (probably why i dont get too many)

I've always been fond of hunting deer, squirrel, rabbits, & quail... but my fiance's dad got me hooked on shooting (at) doves. Whether you bring home your limit or not, it's a darn good time.

Years ago, I would've said, ELK, because of the family get-togethers. But now I'm older and horse-less. It's a whole lot of work to quarter and move meat from the kill site. In other words, the fun is over is when the animal topples over.

I truley love antelope huntin'. On an average morning, we'll see well over 50 'lopes. But waiting patiently and motionless nearly always results in both tags filled by noon. I enjoy the challenge of the long distance shots. But most of all, we enjoy the spicy breakfast sausage we make from these interesting animals created by our Lord God.
Jack

My favorites are the ones I like to eat. Moose and caribou for ungulates. Ptarmigan and grouse (both ruffed and spruce) for birds.

Favorite game

Just has to be Moose Up here,lots of meat,work,getting it out,and of course.... FUN!!! Oh yeah Deer bear turkey ducks geese(Canada of course) and any thing else legal. Jim:eek: :eek: :cool:

humm lets see. first and foremost would have to be upland birds (1. pheasant 2. quail 3. chuker those evil little sob's there so evil god gave them a mask) then big game. my favorite to eat is elk then quail.

Now, its moose, begining next month!:D
Sometimes, not enough, is bird hunting- geese, tundra swans and ducks.
Then, Sitka Black Tailed Deer, in Sitka (and king salmon fishing)

Sitka sure is nice. I went there for the first time in may and want to go back next time I get a chance. The locals told me lots of brown bear stories.

Back