Favorite animal to hunt?

Women....:D

Any small game as that's all I hunt anymore; squirrel, rabbit, pheasant, quail....but even still I do more fishing than huntin'.

I guess that whitetail bucks come first. Calling coyotes is second. I don't call prairie-dogging "hunting", but they're good and beneficial target practice. :)

Deer and quail. Hogs are fun to shoot but I hate them, they're vermin same with yotes. Then its dolphin, grouper, snapper, wahoo, BSB and the occasional stickfish.

The one animal I hunt most often is the whitetail deer. However, that doesn't make it my favorite. My favorite would be duck. I like the rush when the shooting action gets hot and heavy.

Prairie chickens and sharptailed grouse. My reason is complicated but I'll give it a shot. These two grouse are reminders to me of a gamebird that is totally tied to the prairie, not pheasants nor hungarian partridge. If you plow up the prairie and only leave small patches of it they will be gone, replaced by partridge and pheasants. On the other hand these grouse have found that man's crops are well worth using and will use harvested grainfields to feed in. It's a pretty handy arrangement. So if there is plenty of moderately grazed prairie with a patchwork of crops here and there there will be grouse. Not to mention I like eating them.

Even at my age:eek: I get all excited before a grouse hunt, can't sleep. At the end of the day if we have a few birds I can't wait for dinner. Last fall I was telling my son while breasting out some birds, "Ya gotta handle them with care." We did and ate good that night

Last edited:
Dove, limit out, wearing shorts and a T shirt, sitting on a tailgate with a cooler in between you and a friend...why? What else can you hunt like that?

Many blessing and rewards !!!

Well, I'd say, pheasant but they all moves to SD. Then Coyote and squirrel.
Hunting Pheasant behind a good pointer is sheer poetry. Shooting those stinky coyotes at 50+ yards is satisfying and spending a cool morning in the Hickories is spiritually rewarding. .... ;)

However, I think I'll have to try this one out and for the same reasons.
Dove, limit out, wearing shorts and a T shirt, sitting on a tailgate with a cooler in between you and a friend...why? What else can you hunt like that?

Be Safe !!!

Upland birds (quail, grouse, pheasants), geese (never ducks yuck!), elk, coyotes, pigs, deer. I like shooting ground squirrels, but I would not call it hunting.

Anything that involves hunting with my Dad. Usually white tails but recently has been black bear and planning an elk hunt for next year.

Pheasant, coyote and deer. All in that order of priorities.

One of these days I'm going to make it down to TX and help them rid themselves of a few hogs...

Back