Favorite ammo company(s)?

I buy a lot of American Eagle for my revolvers and a lot of federal blue box for my rifles. It's main use is to provide some practice ammo and brass afterwards. I've always had good luck with federal brass. As for reloading, I usually go with either Hornady or Speer bullets.

As far as semi auto handguns go, whatever is the cheapest for plinking and then Hornady factory ammunition for defensive loads.

Rifle and pistol: Hornady, Cor-Bon, Barnes, Federal. I've been somewhat less than impressed with Black Hills pistol and rifle ammo. Having to pick polishing media out of a few hundred rounds of .223 hollow point was not a thrill. Twelve years ago when I could pick up their red box .45 for 12.95 I would readily do so, not so much any more.
Shotgun (trap) whatever #8 is cheap. Buck: Federal or Hornady

I shoot 99% handloads in centerfire rifles and handguns.
.22 LR CCI Mini-Mags
.17HMR whatever is on sale EXCEPT Winchester. Won't buy any more Winchester.17HMR ammo ever again.
.223 I have a good supply of Fiocchi Extrema V-MAX 40 gr loads. Can't be beat for performance for the price.
Other centerfire rifles, I woul have to say Federal Blue Box has provided best accuracy and velocity in my experience.

Back