Favorite 22lr round

DOCSpanky

Not just what functions best in you favorite gun, but you overall favorite.

1. CCI MINI-MAG decimates squirrels and other vermin. :D

2. CB Longs decimates neighborhood cats quietly!! :eek:

------------------
DOCSpanky HM3 USN
Happiness is a smoking gun and a dead criminal;)

OK, where do I get Kevlar with ceramic inserts in cat sizes? With all that humor about pet killing I am worried about my furries.

I only "Take Care" of strays and nuisances. I understand people let there cats out at night, but when they do $700 damage to the paint job on my wife's brand new car, Kitty goes bye-bye ;)

------------------
DOCSpanky HM3 USN

Lets see... I've got a couple favorites

.22 Sub-Sonics for quite dispatching of small critters that make it past/around my Rotty.

.22 LR Stingers for general shoot em ups.

.22 LR QS for hunting

------------------
Schmit
GySgt, USMC(Ret)
NRA Life, Lodge 1201-UOSSS
"Si vis Pacem Para Bellum"

My favorite is the Winchester "Power Point" . It is the most accurate across the board in all my guns . Good luck , Mike...

Thunderbolts.
Cheap and accurate, nothing trick about them such as hollow point or hypervelocity, lead instead of plated and dirty enough to make cleaning afterward satisfying.

CCI Mini-mags are "da bomb"...

------------------
"No provision in our Constitution ought to be dearer to man than that which protects the rights of conscience against the enterprises of the civil authority" - Thomas Jefferson

I love the .22 CBees. Luckly I got a brick of these because I can't find any locally.

So quiet you can hear the firing pin snap... these bullets have basically replaced my small collection of tuned pneumatic air rifles for pest control. You often get another shot if you miss! Pretty accurate at less than 50 yds too.

Very good results with the Winchester Power Points- accurate in my pet rifle with an excellent swat on small game.

Tried the QuikShok HPs that divide into three fragments on impact- stringed horizontally in my gun- might be better for stopping larger varmints like groundhogs which can absorb the full effect of the round.

I like the PMC .22LR "scoremasters" they are really accurate and are under $12 a brick. I also like the Remington line of .22LR ammo. :mad:

CCI Stingers

"Hasta la vista, baay-bee"

------------------
"Ray guns don't vaporize Zorbonians, Zorbonians vaporize Zorbonians" The Far Side

I happen to like the Quick Shok .22 lr hyper.
I anchored a groundhog with one at about 40 yards last spring. I kept giving him more...
Shot a squirrel with one. Don't do that if you want to eat it.
I also like whatever cheap bulk pack I can get.
My guns also like Stingers.

------------------
Knock twice. Rap with your cane. Feels nice. You're out of the rain. We got your skinny girls. Here at the Western World
from Steely Dan's "Western World"

Anybody tried Aguila Specialty Ammo in .22 rimfire?

I saw in Dillon's Blue Press <UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>a .22 Colibre that uses no gun powder. Quiet, but won't cycle an auto ... no kidding! <LI>A .22 SSS (Sniper Sub Sonic) that claims to be the heaviest bullet you can get (doesn't say HOW heavy) <LI>And then there is the .22 Super Magnum, supposedly the fastest .22 LR you can get</UL>

sensop, the Aguila SSS shoots a 60 gr. bullet. It appears to use a .22 short case in order to keep the OAL the same as a LR. The ballisics are:

Muzzle -- 950 fps 120ft/lbs
100 yds -- 802fps 86ft/lbs

Looks like a useful round, but ballistically the maximun and hyper velocity stuff is superior in most cases. I would bet that the SSS is more accurate at longer range with higher retained energy than the some of the super-light (sub-35gr.) hyper stuff.

Hueco

SENSOP, who makes this SUPER MAGNUM? and where can I get them?

If you can't win by reason, go for velocity!

------------------
DOCSpanky HM3 USN

Back