Fair price for Mosin

What links do you guys have for collector type guns? I checked out simpsonltd.com and they have some very nice Hungarian Feg shotguns.

Also there are Hungarian Steyr M95's out there for a lot cheaper than that in 8X56R.
True, but ammo availability can be a problem, and it won't be as cheap as 7.62X54R

What links do you guys have for collector type guns? I checked out simpsonltd.com and they have some very nice Hungarian Feg shotguns.
Aside from the Auction sites, Simpson has the widest selection that I have seen.

Liberty Tree usually has a decent selection:

https://www.libertytreecollectors.com/productcart/pc/viewcategories.asp?idCategory=2

Unfortunately they suck at removing sold rifles from Inventory, a lot of what is listed you click on the link and it says "SOLD".

RC Arms used to have a good variety of surplus rifles, but it has been less lately: http://www.rcarms.com/21.html

If you don't have a C&R FFL, do yourself a favor and get one. It is $30 for 3 years, you get dealer pricing from several vendors (Brownells, Midway, Graffs) and can have any C&R firearm shipped direct to your door (barring any state/local laws against it, that is).

Is the Hungarian M44 you are looking at local to you? Is that an out-the-door price? I am willing to pay a little more for a rifle I can see in person than photos on the internet, plus no shipping or transfer fees.

emcon5@ unfortunately the Hungarian Mosin is not local. One of the other posts actually hit upon it with a link. I agree there is a value having the oportunity to hold the gun before purchase. On the up side I am in no hurry and other than being a gun that shoots a cheap round and hungarian I dont have any criteria.

By the way, if you decide to buy one from Allan's Armory, he is very fast. I just placed my order last night, FFL faxed this morning, and he shipped it out today for delivery Friday.

And the absolute best deal on a thirty cal rifle out there. Let him hate them for no stated reason, leaves me to take it to add to the 12 I already own.

@AMX4030- Thats a really cool website. The link you posted shows the Mosin I was bidding on selling for $360. Second highest on the list.

That price sounds on the upper end of what one would sell for around here. Last time I looked M44 were priced at $275 to $295 in the local shop. the price stated sounds like a gun show price, though if were one I wanted. I would buy it, and not sweat the 50 bucks. Wait till later that will be a low ball price.

Boogieman, if u r in S Jersey, you should hit the big Eagle Arms gunshow in Oaks, PA. I've seen crates of M44s & M91/30s there. It's always better to hold one and inspect it, if you can. Maybe one will call out to you! I haven't been since fall of last year, but there was plenty of MNs reasonably priced there. Of course, now things are crazy(er). But you don't know, if you don't go.

i love old mosins i hunted with my 1942 91/30 last year and took a buck and elk with no problems at all....although i dont suggest hunting with one since they are extremely heavy.....if your crazy about the gun get it... its really matter how you feel about the rifle since your porking out the cash for it...
best of luck to ya!!

$325 is a bit dear, but it's fair if you and the seller agree to it. There is no set price for firearms. If you want it, given the heritage, go for it. I'd buy it at that price if I wanted it. You can spend the next 5 years chasing down the $75 that you thought you could save by passing up a deal today.

Don't forget, the pristine, matching number stuff goes off the market quickly and appreciates in value. Snag 'em while it's in front of you.

truth

my 91/30 has everything matching and was in great condition and it shoots very accurate for a mosin, i bout it for 98$ on a sale from Big 5, it was normaly 143$, i was lucky the day i got it, best mosin ive got for accuracy.

but do to the quality of yours and the appearance *tell us the accuracy might be nice* id price it at 165 max and 123 min

And I used to be able to order a 91/30, an M38, or an M44 for $69.99 each! I remember being extravagant and buying all three, and getting laminated stocks on all them for 10 more apiece.

Them days are long gone. But I do have my $70 M38 and M44!

Back