Factory ammo swelling

Ok, 7mm Rem Mag, which is the smallest of the ones I listed.

What type or types of factory ammo were you using? Do you know how old it is?

Jimro

One box was core lock One was accutip both Remington, 139gr I believe. My reloads, using 64.3 grains of 4831 and 140 accubonds, are shooting a lot better than factory ammo. His Factory ammo was around 2 years old I would say.

If it's tight, that's the source of the over pressure. New rifle? If this is a new problem, I would suspect excessive carbon buildup in the chamber.

A tight chamber neck can definitely cause high pressure since the case neck cannot expand to release the bullet. A tight neck can be caused by an old or improper chamber reamer, improper ammo, or by an oversize case neck. The latter is usually found with handloaded ammo and reworked cases, though, not with factory ammo.

Jim

Without examining gun and ammo, I can only surmise it is a chamber problem. Take to gunsmith.
BTW, I don't know what a "sendaro" is. :confused:

Could be anything at this point. I would also guess the idea suggested about the neck area being too tight. Many a reloader got the same effect when using military brass, which generally has a thicker neck. Interesting problem if it is something different. Let us know.

Sendero is a Remington 700 variation. It SHOULD be an excellent rifle.

Remington's blurb
Built on the famous Model 700™ cylindrical action, Remington Sendero rifles are the most accurate rifles we produce for over-the-counter sale. You’ll be stunned by the degree of precision you get straight out of the box. The varmints won’t be so lucky.

http://www.remington.com/products/firearms/centerfire/model-700/model-700-sendero-sf-ii.aspx

The above web site sometimes works for me sometimes doesn't.

Please don't take offense but my first thought on reading the thread was 'wrong ammo' too. But if you've already got it at the gunsmith and they are checking it out that problem is off the table.

Hope the smith can quickly find out what's wrong and like others have said, keep us informed.

Local smitty says he thinks the chamber is too tight . We are sending it back to Remington for them to look it over.

Got the gun back yesterday, all the notes with it said rechambered barrel,test fired-Ok. Me and my smitty tested it out and its running fine. No other explanations noted on work order. I guess chamber was too tight, I don't know.

Back