F-Class....FTR .308 Win Bullet Weight

I recently shot a 500 yard match and the bud on my relay is on the US shooting team. He told me that he is so satisfied with the 155's that is all he is going to use. He does have a longer barrel, like a 30" barrel. I have seen a lot of shooters using the 155's out to 1000 yards and the things shoot very flat when pushed faster than 3000 fps. But, you have to get the velocity up, and I don't think you are going to get there with a 26" barrel.

It's just when I first got to looking at bullets, the Nosler 175gr CC, didn't have as high a BC as the 178's I was looking at.

Over the decades I have seen how companies jigger ballistic coefficient's up to increase sales. You really have to be skeptical about differences in ballistic coefficients between similar bullets. Just shoot the things and see how they do, if they group well, ignore the advertising.

I have shot thousands of 190's in my 308 target bolt rifles, shot some good scores out to 1000 yards. But the darn things kick and you will flinch in time.

Back