External Safeties for Glock

Status
Not open for further replies.
George: I've seen the picture of the Glock with the manual safety, and it's not a Glock 18. The safety is a lever on the frame, close to where a 1911's would be.

I think the manual-safetied Glocks were made for a police contract in Australia.

I can 100% say for sure that Aussie LEO's carry the same Glocks your guys do !
Maybe the New Zealand cops have a safety on their Glocks ? Farmers there are required by LAW to have zippered pants.
Gives the sheep a running chance when they hear the zzzzziiiipppp ! ;)

------------------
"The Gun from Down Under !"
http://www.para1911fanclub.w3.to/
Alternate E-mail
HS2000@ausi.com

ctdonath-
Unless one is shaped like a pear, Mex carry does not violate rule #2 any more than an IWB holster does.

While I certainly don't recommend it, I do carry this way on occasions when max concealment is necessary.
Rich

FWIW SB15 will not apply to Glocks because that "importation" clause allows Glock to claim the trigger inset is a manual safety. I heard that Glock lobbied hard to get that clause in.

Sig will not be so lucky I think.

Any residents of Califoria wishing to avoid becoming a criminal when SB15 is passed should send their SIG Sauer pistols to me for safe keeping. I know, you're thinking "Wow, that Blades is a heck of a guy!", but I'm just doing it for the SIGS, er... children. Yeah, that's it! For the children! ;)

------------------
May your lead always hit center mass and your brass always land in your range bag.

~Blades~

Soooo...

After these picture links were displayed,
back to the original post question, anyone
know if external safeties can be installed by an aftermarket source?

Tony.

Sorry HS, here is the link for those 2 pix http://www2.dynamite.com.au/tbaldock/ , Please read> "Glock pistols are used to varying degrees by most of the police forces here in Australia. Only the Tasmania Police Force, however, uses the external safety equipped Glocks (in both 9mm and .40)"

I also know the fact that our cops don't have external safety for their Glocks, since I know the boss of Glock H.K. who supplied the 17s to them (he has gone back to U.K. after 97) and I also know some cops as well.

I guess your "100%" was wrong this time eh? Sorry mate! ;)

P.S. I'm not sure about the farmers' law either.

Kiwi

There are three rules for Glock safety,
1- Keep your finger off the trigger.
2- Keep your finger off the f---ing trigger.
3- keep your f---ing finger off the f---ing trigger.

Unless you break one of these three rules, you won't need to worry about accidental discharges.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back