Experience with the Glock 30??

I would recommend a 30S over the 30, and I have had both. The 30S still allows you to use the 13 round 21/41 mags for a spare mag or at the range. The 30S has a little thinner slide and allows you to use holsters for a 19, which gives you a lot more holster options. It even fits G19 pocket holsters (yes, they make them). I pocket carry my 30S this way all the time when wearing jeans or cargo shorts. I use mine with 13 round mags without a spacer all the time and never have a problem with it feeding incorrectly or pinching me.

Get a 30S, carry with the 9 or 10 round mag, and carry 13 round mag as a spare.

The G41 is the slim slide but with a longer barrel.

5.3" if I remember correctly from the one I owned for a couple years. Since my disability keeps me from shooting competition anymore I sold it.

Dave

I had a Glock 30 Gen 3 and I really liked it. The spare mag would be from the Glock 21 I had, of course. If I could go back now, I'd go for the Glock 30S. Which is the standard Glock 30 frame with the Glock 36 slide (slim).

My current .45ACP Glock is a Glock 36. Which is my back up, hand off, or deep concealment gun. It has been 100% so far so I'm good with that!

The G30 is a chubby bunny. Both the slide and frame. So, today..Again.. The Glock 30S would be my choice.

10 rounds of .45 ACP in a compact gun, what's not to like? Conceals well OWB/IWB for me, and I carry 2 reloads sometimes.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I like the concept of the G30 more than the gun itself. I've had several, the last few were Gen4 models. To me they're just too bulky and chunky feeling. Some love them, I suppose I don't hate it but it's not small. I find the G21 to feel better in the hand, the rear grip swell starts higher up on the smaller gripped G30 and just really fills the hand up, too much if you ask me.

Unlikely to see a Gen 5 in anything other than 9mm due to the challange of eliminating a pin to make for an ambi slide catch. Maybe they will though. If so I would guess we are years out

Good enough gun as all glocks are, I run FEW upgrades on any of mine, partial to vickers sights made by wilson combat, that and a slightly larger / better slide catch is about all I need / want. Have a few full size mags for range day or back up and enjoy. 30's Like a good IWB leather holster, and some work OK in a decent kydex IWB.

Enjoy.

I have a Glock 30s and love it. Its my main carry gun. I also have a Glock 21 that is also a great gun and I do carry it sometimes.

These are my Glocks. (The Glock 30 is on the bottom left). All mine are Gen 3 guns, including the Glock 17-L, Long Slide that is missing from this photo.

The Glock 30 is typically boring reliable, like most Glock's are. But it is quite large for a compact. As you can see in the photo, with the exception of it's shorter handle, it's footprint is almost as large as my Glock 19. Which is in the middle on the right.

The gun is very comfortable to shoot, and has very good ergonomics for a compact pistol. As much as I love the 1911 platform, I won't own a chopped, Mini 1911, because they are horribly unreliable. The Glock 30 is just the opposite. And reliability is a must in ANY concealed carry weapon. The Glock 30 delivers it.

All my Glocks are factory box stock, and will remain that way. The reason is 99% of the time I'm at the range, and I see someone having problems with a Glock, it's almost always because of some aftermarket part they have installed on it. Glock engineered these guns correct at the factory. And I've found after tens of thousands of rounds through 7 guns, over a period of years, that's the best way to run them.

DHc9fBQ.jpg

I’ll echo others... the 30S is a good choice. Pretty much a .45 19. I don’t really mind the Gen 3 design compared to others, so was no issue going 30S.

We are switching to 9mm Glocks (47) this upcoming year, so time will tell if I keep using the 30S or just get another 9mm model and keep it simple.

Hey TFL,

I'm pretty much set on the Glock 30 gen 4 being the next gun I pick up (unless a gen 5 drops between now and then). Ever since getting my Ruger SR45, I've come to love the .45acp for how fun it is to shoot and honestly how well I shoot it compared to other calibers. That said, I started looking into compact/mid-size options and came across the Glock 30. I went to Academy and got to handle one and the gen 4 just fits fantastic in my hands. I love that it takes the g21 mags (and extended ones) and I fully plan to get a pcc in .45 soon thereafter to share the mags with it (likely CMMG unless Ruger creates a PC Carbine in .45). I also would entertain the idea of getting a 10mm conversion kit if I find myself hunting out west at some point.

Ok, short story is over. :D

For those that own or have experience with the Glock 30, what are your thoughts? Any suggestions or input on preferred ammo, holsters, upgrades, etc.? I'd love to hear anything you have to offer!

Thanks in advance.
I like the 30. I have an SF. I like it, I shoot it well. Like was mentioned earlier, holster options are somewhat thin compared to the S model. I carry OWB in a Bianchi Foldaway when I carry it.

The G30 was my favorite, just not any fun to feed Ammo cost and all that sort of excuses. It seems if I have any pistol other than a 9mm it doesn’t get fired as much. I’ve stayed with the G19 as my personal favorite and I’ve played more now. The 45 in my name came from the G30 I passed my second Ccw test with. Everyone else there paid $600 and up for there Guns but me and one other guy here a G36 and my G30 had the best scores (he beat me by 10 points) and we both paid below $450 for our pistols. They are great guns but I’m not good for more than 60 rounds with a .45. I know I’m just getting older.

one other guy here a G36 and my G30 had the best scores (he beat me by 10 points)

That's interesting. I'm nothing to write home about. But with the G36 I have as an ankle secondary or deep concealment gun, I can place all 6-7 rounds in the exact same hole with no effort. After reading this I'm convinced that's one of their best kept secret Glocks. Not to mention the extremely awkward parts list. #oddball.

Back