Expandable Batons

I still think a good cane is miles beyond the collapsible baton for civilian carry. It has longer reach, and it’s already in your hand...and, old man with cane attacked by thug, etc.

I still think a good cane is miles beyond the collapsible baton for civilian carry. It has longer reach, and it’s already in your hand...and, old man with cane attacked by thug, etc.

I dont know why that didnt occur to me. Cane Master makes some VERY nice fighting canes. Proper wood, more open hooks, griping surfaces built in, you can even carry them on a plane.

Might take a look

amd6547 & Sharkbite
Thanks for your professional advice . To give you some of my background , I grew up in the projects NY , after returning home from a combat tour in VN I did carry illegally at first , then went through a safety course ,joined a gun club an receivied a legal range pistol permit . To and from the range in a locked box . To be honest the box was empty . I did have one incident when I carried illegally that made me go legal . That was all in my 20's back in the 60's

The way things are going in this country its just like the 60's . I live in a nice area , never got in trouble , have a carry permit but I always feel you have a right to protect yourself . Its one thing to look for trouble another to be ready if it comes your way . The 21" ASP 4140 baton seems to be the perfect tool for me and hopefully like everything else will never have to use it.

Thanks Guys for all your help full advice .

"...do have a carry permit..." The link goes to a NYS lawyer's on-line advice site. Having a NY State CCW apparently does not apply to a baton. Absolutely does not in NYC. Bolding is mine. ("Shirken" isn't a thing either. "Shuriken" is. Mind you, the Urban Dictionary has a definition. snicker. https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=shirken)

"New York Laws: Penal : (265.00 - 265.40) Firearms And Other Dangerous Weapons

§ 265.01 Criminal possession of a weapon in the fourth degree. A person is guilty of criminal possession of a weapon in the fourth degree when: (1) He possesses any firearm, electronic dart gun, electronic stun gun, gravity knife, switchblade knife, pilum ballistic knife, metal knuckle knife, cane sword, billy, blackjack, bludgeon,metal knuckles, chuka stick, sand bag, sandclub, wrist-brace type slingshot or slungshot, shirken or "Kung Fu star"; or (2) He possesses any dagger, dangerous knife, dirk, razor, stiletto, imitation pistol, or any other dangerous or deadly instrument or weapon with intent to use the same unlawfully against another;>>>"

ASP...And it will be treated as a deadly weapon unless you can show you know how to use it in a non-deadly weapon.

I have extensive experience in LE with batons as a user and a trainer, US Army MP, KOGA, ASP, Monodnock I prefer the ASP.

I watched a video on line by SAMI combat systems . Using a open baton with a training partner he put him in so many painful positions after awhile I couldn't stop laughing on how much pain he put the guy in showing all the different moves . The guy was great showing all the different moves , to get to that level he had years of training for sure . He has a few videos you have to get the right one , he bends the guy up like a pretzel with grunts and growns , it's pretty funny . I do have a warped sense of humor. There is no striking with the baton in this video.

Back