Ever try this sequence of double taps?

if hed have shot the bb gun could he have possibly put your coworkers eye out? what happened to the rest of story? did he get charged and go to jail, run away, ?????

WOW:eek:... That must have been intense. Especially when you found out it was a bbgun. I hope someone gave that idiot a good smack upside the head and told him how close he came. Good thing you were able to stop, sounds like you reacted pretty well to the situation. Hope nothing like that ever happens to you again. What an Idiot though he could be sleeping in a box right now. Peoples stupidity never ceases to amaze me.

Too many rounds. Two to the chest and one to the head works wonders on a bad attitude. It's called the Mozambique shooting pattern. You use 3 rounds instead of 5 rounds. Those 2 extra rounds might come in later to save your life in some shooting situations. Don't waste ammo!!!

We called police and scolded the idiot before he walked out. He didn't care that he was being yelled at and didn't care that I was about 2.5 pounds into a 5 pound trigger away from launching a 10mm glaser safety slug at him.

To my knowledge the police didn't even look for him much less charge him.

Here is the play by play and what I learned from this event. Hope this explains it. Hard to describe the event and my reaction so its kinda jumbled up.

My coworker was Microgunner and this happened many years ago.

I was at work at the Pawnshop with my coworker Microgunner (MG). It was very slow and MG was reading an article from a Shotgun News Magazine to me. Our door buzzer went off indicating someone was coming in (since the shop was empty). I look to my right and in comes a very tall & thin man dressed in a full lengh trench style leather jacket. It was not cold outside. Immediately my internal poop meter sounded. I turned to my right to face the threat as he continued across the show floor and directly toward MG, he didn't see me IMO. As he made it almost half way he reach under his left arm under the coat as if to grasp a firearm from a shoulder holster. I see this and begin to draw my holstered Glock 20 just in case. Simultaniously he began to ask MG "how much can I get for this"...........his hand begins to remove a firearm from beneath the coat. I'm in the middle of my draw and now see the gun. The man finishes the pull and begins to assume a one handed shoulder forward type stance only he was still walking toward MG. He levels the gun on MG and then says "bb gun". I get to about his hip when the light goes off and I realize that it was a crossman bb gun (the dart shooting on that looks like a 1911). I stop pulling the trigger and lower my gun. I stopped my draw before he said BB Gun or pointed the gun at MG (just to give you guys a feel for how fast this ended)

The combination of odd behavior and the look and then of course reaching for a gun caused me to draw. I begin my draw and it feels as though my hand is moving very very slow. I see a gun coming out from the jacket. I begin to climb the bad guys leg with my G20 planning on firing once it reaches his shoulder area (badguys left side was facing me). I remember thinking several things in the micro second it took to draw and climb his leg. First I was concerned that I might miss because this idiot was so skinny and MG would be shot as a result. I thought how big his gun was (don't know why but it popped up in my head). I kept telling myself over and over to find my front site. Finally I said wait its a BB Gun.

All these things happened in the time it took to draw, about 1/2 second back then.

I learned that stress causes slow motion feeling. I got it and tunnel vision and some hearing loss. I learned that it is possible to train on something and then use it even under stress (to find my front site).

The store video and MG verified my draw to be as fast as usual yet it felt like a very long time and like I had lost dexterity. It is my belief that my brain was computing so much faster than normal that this is why things felt like slow motion. I was just as fast but my brain was faster.

This experience has made me train as I wish to fight. I still insist on finding my front site for any shooting drill. I have added movement because I now understand how difficult it is to perform under stress. If I can reduce my adversaries hit chances by movement perhaps my misses won't automatically equal losing.

I can't stress how real this was. The bad guy himself said he was trying to scare microgunner. It looked like he was taking aim to fire before he finally let the bb gun role forward on his finger to surrender it for pawning.

My draw was fast enough to insure that I would have easily fired first. I was clearly able to see my front site on the bad guy. Bad thing is it was bigger than he was (at least thats what I remember).

Wow, that sounds like one heck of a situation to be in. Im glad you guys were ok and it wasnt anything very serious. Everything you said makes sense to me about the hands and the front sight being bigger then him. Was the draw automatic once you saw what was happening, reflexive? The slow motion is defintley because of the adrenaline, you're brain truly works at an amazingly fast pace. Thanks for sharing your story I am always interested in hearing about real life reactions. It helps me to run through my own head and think about what I would and could do. The 10MM :D was a good SD choice and would have performed quite nicely, what were you using for loads? The only problem is like you said they guy was turned and presented a smaller target, the shot had to count because of the situation and MG. Sounds like a very intense moment, with a show of a Darwin Award Winner, had you not had as much self control. Thanks, that was interesting.

I try to teach my son that there are very few "accidental deaths". Most people die from stupidity. By car, diving into shallow water, driving into the path of a train, negilence with a firearm, etc., etc. Calling it an "accident" is just being considerate of the loved ones of the person who died from stupidity and now have to go through the process of grief and burying the poor fool.

That guy who walked into your pawn shop almost died from stupidity. Kudos for the way you handled it threegun and thanks for relating the story.

Thanks guys. I'm glad you were able to follow that as my writing isn't very good.

Was the draw automatic once you saw what was happening, reflexive?

I'm guessing yes because I don't remember thinking draw. Once I realized the guy was trouble and reaching for what could be a gun, the draw just started. It did feel like forever to clear the holster.

It helps me to run through my own head and think about what I would and could do

Me too. This event changed me alot. It confirmed some of the things some of the "experts" were saying.

what were you using for loads

Back then the first round was a Glaser Safety Slug Silver. This would have been followed by Corbon 135 grain JHP or 175 grain Silvertips (I can't remember if I had changed from the silvertips to the corbons at that point in time).

Back