Euroarms Rem 58 Cylinder notches

That picture doesn't look right, when my Pietta '58 is in the safety notch, the relief in the hammer is about 1/16 clear of the back face of the frame, the hammer cutout.

Your pic, it looks like mine does on the nipple, closed, just a few thou clearance.

Bottom part of your hammer seems to be too short TO engage the safety notch.

How about you slip the hammer onto a nipple then repost. I will either scan or shoot to show what I mean.

Smoke, did you drop a 100 thou when you measured yours? My hammer face is .146. Verniers will do that.

Cheers,

George

Gonna try to post a couple pics, here. Hope it works.

First, mebbe second, will be MY Pietta, nose of the hammer in the notch, the other, the hammer on the nipple. Note that the hammer in the safety notch, just the tip-top of it, leaves about 1/16 clearance hammer to frame. Just the itty bitty point of the hammer engages the safety notch. plenty to keep you from shootin' yourself in the buttocks. How'd Forrest say it, "Butt tocks"?

Your pics show no clearance on the hammer, nor any engagement of the hammer nose in the safety notch. So, yeah, mebbe you have a claim under warranty.

Man, them pics suck, don't they?

One says clearance required hammer to frame, with the hammer nose in the notch.

Other says the hammer is fully seated, no clearance milling of the hammer to the back of the frame cutout.

Attachments

• P1220207.JPG
    P1220207.JPG
    116.9 KB · Views: 42
  • P1220208.JPG
    P1220208.JPG
    118.4 KB · Views: 32
gmatov,
I can't see much detail on the pics due to the printing but your descriptions are good.
I think I will try to stone the hammer at the bottom and see if I can get enough clearance for the nose of the hammer to fall into the notch.
When I examined the face of the hammer, I can see the imprint of the nipples on it. Whoever had the gune before me did a lot of dry firing! The nipples look good so I would guess the hammer isn't hardened as much as it should be! I may need to re-harden it after I stone it.

Does anyone have experience case hardning?

Back