Ethical Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
My most recent mistake was the other day . Loading 38spl for the first time , no that's not the mistake haha . I have a little Ruger LCP or R I for get ( the revolver ) and started looking up the load from minimum to max , actually +P . Anyways , counted out how many cases/primers . Seated all the primers then started loading the rest of the components . I got to my 4th increment of charges when I realized I was loading 6 rounds each for my 5 shot revolver . Got to love the mistakes that won't kill you and make you have to laugh at your self .

Haha , haven’t drank alcohol in years . The sad thing is is that I counted and prepared everything meticulously . In my defense I’ve only been loading 357 magnum for my GP 100 so my mindset was there obviously .

My question: when I use this powder to make ammunition for guests, and then I shoot against them for money, should I tell them?

Let me be sure I get this right...

You contaminated powder
You're loading contaminated powder into ammo
You're supplying that ammo to other people, against whom you are shooting, for money.....
which implies you are not using the ammo with contaminated powder, only they are...
and your question is, should you TELL them?????? :rolleyes:

To me that sounds like an unfair advantage. aka CHEATING
So, your "ethical dilemma" is whether or not to tell people you are shooting against, for money, that you are cheating???

Your answer is, how would you feel if the situation was reversed??

I wouldn't condone it, and if I lost money to you because of it, and later found out, I would be a bit upset.

This assumes your question was serious, and I have my doubts about that...

Funny, to me the ethical part of the question should be about using contaminated powder for other people to shoot. Not whether it’s cheating to win money for heavens sake.

Funny, to me the ethical part of the question should be about using contaminated powder for other people to shoot. Not whether it’s cheating to win money for heavens sake.

I thought it was pretty obvious that I was making a joke. Maybe it was not.

The "cheating in a contest with others" joke was obvious and mildly humorous. The pouring powder in a Gatorade jar and blaming it on being tired, not so much.

It wasn’t so much the gatorade bottle that gave away the joke . It was the still having liquid in the bottle that gave it away . No way anybody is asking the questions he’s asking after that . I was a little concerned about playing along because there could be some new guy thinking the powder might still be usable after mixing in some sugary liquid . However it seems so blatantly obvious the OP was kidding I went ahead and played along .

There was an April fools thread on a different forum many years ago talking about special drills you could use to drill small holes in your extruded gunpowder to get more consistent burn rates . The thread was complete with pictures of the drillbits and drill along with instructions etc. It actually made me think twice it almost got me but that was a good one .

I apologize in advance for inadvertently closing this thread for several reasons. <--Not intentionally humorous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back