Erratic G19 Extraction

If it is extracting and ejecting the spent cases, who cares?

Because ejecting into your face is less than ideal. While many things in life are less than ideal and simply have to be dealt with, ejection doesn't have to be one of those things.

If it is extracting and ejecting the spent cases, who cares?
I care. I have a variety of different pistols that extract and eject correctly. I have no need for a glock that is constantly pelting me in the head. I ordered another extractor to try in it. If this doesn't fix it I would say it's time to get rid of it.

It's a pretty well-documented problem, but I'm fortunate that my Gen 4 G19 has never done this (knocks on wood). Personally, I'm not a huge fan of being pelted in the face with hot brass, so I wish the OP the best of luck in getting this fixed.

That said, I do have a question:
This afternoon I put 90 rounds, 6 mags, of Winchester NATO 124 grain through it (as others have said, great ammo.) Better, more robust extraction, yet I was disconcerted when I still had 2 cases to the dome, and still erratic ejection to a degree.
Where did you shoot those 90 rounds? Indoor range or outdoor? I ask because I want to eliminate the possibility that your brass bounced off the range wall. BTDT.

I initially missed the part about cases being flung into the center of one's forehead. Mine did that occasionally through the first 1,000 rounds or so, but it hasn't happened more than twice over the last 4,000 rounds. What was amazing to me was how the cases, regardless of ammunition used, would literally hit me dead center of my forehead. I took to wearing a baseball style cap at the range, which remedied the problem to my satisfaction. But as I said, after about 1,000 rounds the problem seemed to fix itself.

Back