Eq. List for Colorado Elk

Sorry, can't resist a short story,

about some, southern gents and their epuipment list. I flew them and their camp equipment into their camping area. That old kitchen sink cliche sure applied to their list.

Labgrade any chance of doing camp chores for table scraps? :D

I won't know first hand for a couple weeks and only had a chance to talk to one of my hunting partners for a minute last night. He only said that the burned areas were pretty discouraging and we had more looking to do. I'll let you know when I hear more, should be talking to him tonight or tomorrow.

Guys,

Thanks for info.

Labgrade, you gave me some directions in April where you used to hunt never did get a chance to pass it on to the three Colorado residents I'm hunting with. I do have Excell and the list can be sent to my e-mail address. Thanks again.

I'm from Ohio my experience is mostly hunting whitetail (handgun) Turkey and waterfowl.

I've hunted the mountians in Penn. but nothing like the Rockies.

Can a hunter also carry a handgun in Colorado? I would like to bring my 629 and If I can get a shot 50 yards or less I would use the 44. My rifle is a 9.3x62mm CZ550FS.

The good thing about this hunt is my one of my hunting partners have horses and a mule to pack out the elk.

I'm calling in the next couple of days to get hunting locations but the last I heard it is area 68 north of Center. Hunt dates are early November 9-13th. Snow right?

Thanks again everyone.

Turk

I'd totally spaced that, Turk. Hope the info works out & give a holler if you need anything. That checklist is on its way via e-mail.

Too, check CO big game hunting page for elk brochures, etc. for specifics.

Brochure mentions that you cannot have a handgun concealed - makes no mention about if you've a CCW, but CO doesn't honor any out-of-states anyway. :( You can carry a handgun, but must be visible - quit the trick when it's 20 below & you're all bundled up. :rolleyes:

I dunno snow, but do be prepared for it. We used to hunt the area just north of you (681) in that same season. We've seen 50 deg days & sunny to 3 feet of snow - sometimes within a day or two.

Back