"Enhanced" CCW?

Some states won't recognize other state's permits unless they meet their own standards for hours of training, range time, etc.

So other states offer "enhanced" permits which require extra training, which are primarily useful for reciprocity with more-stringent states.

The Arkansas thing is mostly about campus carry. College properties including parking lots, farms, office buildings, sports venues, etc. are *also* prohibited areas in Arkansas, not just the campuses themselves. And a lot of those properties aren't marked in any way, nor do they have to be. I got warned about that by my CHCL instructor.

Personally, unless the enhanced permit is some nominal charge on top of my renewal, I'm not going to bother; the additional carry areas aren't anywhere I need or want to go. But for people who do have to go those places periodically, it would save a lot of hassle.

Instead of more advanced training, just skip to testing standards. There definitely should be a hey, it’s a free country level of ccw. Not sure why, but if a higher level is required to carry in a school or on a train, then separate by testing. I’ll train myself....or pay to get trained right. You,state, just tell me the requirement and test me.....and so you don’t get embarrassed, make sure Leo can pass it to ccw also!

Back