Enfield No#4 Awesome Video, I want one!!!

You guys have beautiful examples.

TX Hunter: Soon after I bought my first Enfield (a #5), I wanted to buy a #4 in order to limit wear on the #5, and it cost less.

The LE virus' only cure resulted in two #5s and four #4s. Don't know how to post photos.
Are you guys also thankful that the chic ARs attract vast amounts of cash that limit demand for Enfields etc?

indy1919 said:
madcratebuilder.. Nice collection... What is the non jungle carbine short Enfield.... I have never seen that before... What is it's story...

Does it take 303 also???

Does it make a fireball???

That started off as a sporter with a cut barrel. I had seen pic's of No4 "Tankers" so I used old unserviceable foreend, upper hand guard and started cutting.

Barrel with front sight soldered in place.
TKR01.jpg

Modified wood.
TKR03.jpg

Makes a great little brush gun. It does shoot flames and is loud.
tanker13.jpg

Mucho thanks... And too d**m cool, i will have to do some research on Tanker Enfields.. If you ever shoot that and get a photo, would love to see it..

Again many thanks.... Seems a fitting way for a sporter to be "saved"

Indy,

Just so you know, there was never any such thing as a Tanker Enfield in official designation terms - they are a civvy market hybrid much like the Santa Fe rifles.

Tiki.

Ignition Override

Sorry I dont know how to post your question, but yes I am very very glad that the ARs and AKs attract so much revenue, and keep these rifles out of the spotlight. Its a blessing not a curse.:)

TX Hunter: I made the similar comments at THR, actually promoting the ARs as better than other rifles (for this same exact milsurp reason), and though it was intended to be satire, the moderators completely misunderstood that it could be subtle humor.

Last edited:
Year ago I had a Longbranch No. 4 Mk I* that I stupidly sold because I hadn't shot it in a couple of months. Man I wish I still had that rifle.

Stu

Back