EMB-Bullets (former Hirtenberger, now Fiocchi) any experience

Nowadays Fiocchi owns the patent and currently produces bullets here (I just got 150rds. of the 6 gramm 9mm EMB) but will ship the machine soon to the USA to produce them there. At least that is what I was told.

The all copper Barnes bullet , as loaded by Cor-bon ,is not considered an AP round so I can't see that the EMB would be either since it expands...Gilding metal is often used for bullet jackets and is an alloy of copper with up to 10% zinc.

Oooohhhhh they can penetrate 1 inch of gelatin! I'll perk up when I see they can penetrate 12 inches, and actually expand to a respectable 55+caliber.

If you like the light/fast stuff...

Another alternative is Magtech's First Defense SCHP (solid copper hollow point). A 92.6g bullet at 1365 fps from my G17 and BHP.

Through 6 layers of denim did about 12 inches/.63.

From the same gun the CorBon DPX (115g at 1310 fps) did 15/.58.

The FD and DPX seem to do a little better at penetration/expansion than the EMB/QD/PEP loads, are only a little slower from the same pistols.

The Europeans seem to want between 8-12 inches of penetration w max energy transfer. The FBI wants at least 12 inches, discounts energy transfer completely.

Back