ELG Double barrel stainless steel shotgun

ELG Shotgun

Thanks, Jim!! I knew something wasn't right It looked like 42 over C to us. Ok well still working on this puzzle.

ELG Shotgun

Above the Loin/PV it looks like letter E with a star or Greek Symbol Xi with a star above it?

Last edited:
(Star) E would be an inspector's mark. But then so would be the (star) H.
And the two inspectors who used those stamps did not work there at the same time.
I am about out of ideas.

ELG Shotgun

I know that doesn't make sense either. I looked up both of them because at first I was hoping they would be the gun builder only to find out they were inspectors. Maybe the E is a Greek letter it's really hard to tell what it is? What about the Letters JH inside a circle does that mean anything. I saw some old guns made by JH Johnston. Thanks for your help,Keejo

Did I not see (circled) JH in the pictures?

Any road, I cannot find that trademark in any of the three sources I have checked.

ELG Shotgun

Thanks John her are some more pics.

Attachments

• DSC_0424.JPG
    DSC_0424.JPG
    34.6 KB · Views: 23
  • DSC_0425.JPG
    DSC_0425.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 22
  • DSC_0432.JPG
    DSC_0432.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 21
ELG Shotgun

More Pics

Attachments

• DSC_0431.JPG
    DSC_0431.JPG
    34.7 KB · Views: 22
  • DSC_0456.JPG
    DSC_0456.JPG
    35.1 KB · Views: 22
  • DSC_0466.JPG
    DSC_0466.JPG
    36.1 KB · Views: 22
Definitely a high grade gun. Not "royal" class, but high grade and it would have been expensive in its day, even for a Belgian gun. If the OP owns the gun, he has a beautiful piece of craftsmanship. I don't recommend shooting it, though, even if the right shells can be found. It is just too nice to take a chance of damage.

Jim

ELG Shotgun

Thanks men,I can I go about finding out what it might be worth? Are any Gunsmiths in the Dallas to Shreveport area that you could recommend, or do you have any other ideas. Keejo

Last edited:
Back