• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Editing problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough but usually when I want to delete something it's because I got my wires crossed and posted erroneous information. I am prone to do that sometimes. Even tho I do know it all I just can't remember it all at once.:D

Shane Tuttle

OOPS! I was not being sarcastic. I really thought it was acceptable to delete and post a message as I suggested. I see this often and presumed it was the routine.

I am never too old to learn.

I don't think Shane meant it wasn't acceptable to delete a post in the manner described, just that there is a better way to do it completely.

We don't get upset if we see "deleted" posts. I will usually just go ahead and completely delete them when I spot them.

Unfortunately, not everyone sees it that way, Hawg.

More than once I've seen people get into a snit and proceed to delete dozens, if not hundreds, of their posts, destroying the continuity of threads in the process.

Right, that's a whole different matter, and we do get upset when we see that done. That's more like going into a "I'm taking my ball and going home" rant.

But, isolated deletions due to mistakes or double taps are no big deal.

Mal and Mike further clarified my statement, Eagle Eye. Not a rule violaiton. Just best for us to clean it up on the admin side to satisfy our OCD...:)

Thanks Shane.

And I like your quote about got. My old HS English teacher would shout out, "Gotten?" every time he heard or read that word. I never forgot and cringe when I see or hear it. Similarly, "A preposition is a bad thing to end a sentence with!"

Off the subject, I know, but could not resist.

Since Eagle Eye brought it up... I admit, Shane, I've been bemused by your signature line.

If "got" were deleted from the English language, what would poor little "get" do for a past tense? :(

It must have GOTTEN to be time to shut this thread DOWN. It did not GETTED any better. I have GOT to think there are more productive threads. GETTEN it? :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back