Early nickle pre model 10 otg! With pictures no maker

What specific bullet do you shoot outta that, I'm concerned with what load would be safe?

If the gun is mechanically sound (obviously the finish is toast but the gun might be functionally ok) the proper round would be standard .38 Special (lead bullet 158gr preferred) DO NOT consider anything listed as +p or above and I would advise against jacketed slugs.

If the appearance is any indicator of how well the gun was taken care of, I would be very suspect of insides and timing. I'm sure the grips are worth something to somebody, but without the grips: $150 tops. Vintage junk is still junk!

Yes, it is an early 38 Military and Police Model of 1905 4th Change. No, it is not a Spanish knock off.

I appreciate things being spelled out for me in no uncertain terms. Thank you for continuing to contribute.

P.S. I'm using Windows 8.1 (with it's associated Internet Explorer) and Driftwood's excellent pictures do not show up. Using something semi-remotely modern, (Google Chrome) the pictures show up fine.

Back