Ear-Safe Silencers: Real?

He was talking about plain old repeated exposure, but if you want to pick at it, you certainly can. He wasn't sworn in, and there were no witnesses or doctors there to rebut what he said. You know how the Internet is. You can always refuse to buy what people say, and if you want, you can say, "Source? Source?", over and over.

He could be a schizophrenic who only imagines his hearing damage, or I could be a bot making the whole thing up.

He was talking about plain old repeated exposure, but if you want to pick at it, you certainly can. He wasn't sworn in, and there were no witnesses or doctors there to rebut what he said. You know how the Internet is. You can always refuse to buy what people say, and if you want, you can say, "Source? Source?", over and over.

He could be a schizophrenic who only imagines his hearing damage, or I could be a bot making the whole thing up.
You're not a bot.

A bot would have had details.

When you don't care.........it proves you're not a bot.

Bots know that these stories always go over better with details.

:D

You can make a suppressor to reduce the muzzle blast to non damaging levels. NOTHING can reduce the crack of a supersonic bullet, other than reducing its speed to sub sonic.

I have a documented high frequency hearing loss. Personally, I think some of it came from being blown off the turret of an M60 tank by the muzzle blast of a 105mm cannon, but, I've done or been exposed to other things that also could be the cause or certainly contributing factors.

"ear safe" suppressors are possible. Whether or not any specific model is, requires testing and comparing the actual sound levels against established standards, not just advertising claims.

Out side of 22 lr with subsonic, a lot may depend on the specific firearm. Am more comfortable shooting 308 supersonic from a suppressed longer barrel bolt action, than from a short ar-10 style. Am comfortable shooting any amount of suppressed subsonic 308 from bolt rifle without hearing protection. The suppressed 16 in ar-10 using regular rounds without ear protection only occasionally.

Last edited:
Back