Eabco barrels

I build a couple dozen rifles a year, so I get to try a lot of barrels out. Hunting rifles often get a Green Mountain. Varmint rifles get a Shilen or a Douglas or a Green Mountain. Accuracy rifles get a Lilja, a Bartlein, or a Shilen Select Match. The most expensive part of a build, and the part you are going to pay anyway, is the gunsmith chambering, threading and crowning the barrel. So why try to save $100? It costs the same to chamber a good barrel as a bad barrel, get a good barrel.

I have owned 3 Douglas XX barrels, all 3 shoot very nice,.
Having said that, Friday nights at the garage bull session with people whom build components for super accurate rifles swear mostly by Bartlein, with some Proof Research barrels mixed, but mostly Bartlein.
These fellas handle hundreds of fine shooting barrelled actions per week, and this is what they see.

I have owned 3 Douglas XX barrels, all 3 shoot very nice,.
Having said that, Friday nights at the garage bull session with people whom build components for super accurate rifles swear mostly by Bartlein, with some Proof Research barrels mixed, but mostly Bartlein.
These fellas handle hundreds of fine shooting barrelled actions per week, and this is what they see.
Lilja is the dominant competition barrel around here. It's what I use on all my bench rifles.

Back