Drop Your Own Weapon.

As a complete aside, I think its funny that Hollywood throws in the 'hammer cocking' sound all over the place. Wasnt the Hillbilly Jim character holding a Luger to Kate's head? And then he cocked the hammer. Now THATS an interesting Luger!

Kind of like the scenes with the BG using a shotgun... you find yourself yelling at the good guys to hold still for another 3 seconds... the BG has pumped the shotgun so many times that it should be out of shells by now.

i like the show, but their handling of weapons is utterly foolish and for the most part unrealistic if you actually expect people to be in a survival situation. even around a bunch of half-wit bleeding hearts, you'd have to view firearms as you're most precious tool on the island. though i missed the latest episode, i'm stunned that with their new cache of weapons no one is carrying BUGs. i never bothered to inventory what was in the bunker but i saw several long guns and pistols, why not conceal a pistol and brandish the long gun? buys you options, including the ability to surrender one after dropping the mag or something. the show would be getting more boring with me there though, the cast would be down to half of what it is now.

bclark1:
...why not conceal a pistol and brandish the long gun?

Well, sir.....because it's Hollywood. And in Hollywood, everyone knows that pistols are always used as primary weapons...I mean, it's just so much sexier.
Rifles are only used if the alien is bigger than a dumptruck....standard rules. :D

I agree, never give up your weapon.

I can't understand it either. If I was on that island I would carry (all the time) no less then a rifle (most likely scoped) with 2 hand guns and a few hundred rounds of ammo.
The other may think you're crazy, until the poop hits the fan and they are looking for your help.

I like the show, hate the smoke cloud thing. Those are the noisest guns I have ever heard.
click click click clack click, everytime they pull one out.

The old memory may not be correct but I think it may have been Charles Bronson in one of those mid 70's modern westerns, . . . he was a bad dude who knew martial arts, . . . got into some kind of out West, Native American religious experience, . . . then had to do battle with a bunch of drugged out hippies with a lever action rifle.

The hippie bad dude was right when he told him "You can't kill all of us" so he just killed the leader (dead between the eyes, . . . broke his white sun glasses in half), . . . then addressed the second in command, . . . and all of a sudden our hero got whatever it was he wanted.

It ain't often you learn something useful from a movie, . . . but that one I never forgot. I still think it is the best answer, . . . shoot the talker, . . . then shoot the ones that move, . . . pretty soon you'll be in charge.

May God bless,
Dwight

Just thought of this

Remember The Wild Bunch

holden shot the general who was doing the talkiing, then after a long pause Ernie shot the first one that went for his gun.

but that didn't turn out so good for them, Nevermind

Don't know for sure, Joab, . . . been too long ago, . . . was a once seen movie in a drive in on Friday nite.

I just remember the good guy shot the bad hippy between the eyes and busted those great big wide white frame sun glasses, . . . the scene was shot in real slow motion, . . . the dead hippy falls over a couch, . . . bounces, . . . hits the floor, . . . bounces some more. Then I think they showed it again in real speed.

Anyway, . . . rest of them hippies didn't want no more to do with a lever action dude trying to be like the Indians or something.

May God bless,
Dwight

The "drop your weapon" scene is just another cliche used by lazy leftist scriptwriters that have never handled a firearm in their lives. It saves on having to actually think of something original. There's something masochistically appealing to the leftist mindset about surrender and submission to evil...the hero having to sustain humiliation/defeat before achieving final glorious victory.

Humbug. Life isn't a flugging storyline where you get to write the ending.

Like anything else involving Hollywood & guns...

Do any of us remember, sing praises to, or have mementos of the Vichy French?

Or do we admire and remember those who've faced that decision for real...the Spartans, Romans, Vikings, Alamo-ans, etc.?

My question is...would you ever drop your weapon? Even in this situation?

Thanks for the question. It's always driven me crazy watching TV and movies when an armed individual surrenders their weapon. I usually scream at the TV, NOOOOOOO!!!!!
:mad:

Why even carry a weapon if you're willing to give it up?

lets see are there less then 18 BG's if so then not a chance
if there is more, im kill 17 of them and saving one for me.

or i could just pull a chck norris and round house kick them to the face1!!

Yup, Billy Jack

One tin soldier rides awaaayyy....(billy jack song)

I guess I'm gonna have to go out and get Billy Jack on DVD, then. Never seen it, but it sounds worthwhile for this one scene alone -- as a training video! :D

As far as, "Drop your weapon!" goes -- it must be understood that it's only for bad guys to be told that by good guys: society is supposed to understand that when a good guy forces a bad guy to drop his weapon, it's to take him in unharmed (otherwise he'd just shoot him, right?). When a bad guy forces a good guy to drop his weapon, what would one expect the bad guy would do then? "Take him in"? That's not the job of bad guys, so no. It would most likely be to kill the good guy without being shot at.

-azurefly

I guess I'm gonna have to go out and get Billy Jack on DVD, then. Never seen it, but it sounds worthwhile for this one scene alone -- as a training video!
There was a series of them in the early 70s

Billy Jack was a blue eyed indian that left the reservation to join the Green Berets and learn karate.
He came back and kicked people in the face for killing horses

Despite a deep personal grudge against the star I still love those movies

You can always walk up to the leader and tell him
"I'm gonna take this leg and kick you on that side of your face. And there's nothing you can do about it"

Back