DREAM RIFLE OR SUBGUN!

OICW.....

20mm Semi automatic rocket launcher, backed up by the 5.56mm assualt rifle. Laser range guided rockets. Yummy.

Dream subgun? Full auto 10/22. I need something I can afford to shoot :D .

As for a rifle? It's hard to say. PSG-1 would do.

The submachine gun of my dreams? Well, only one will do it for me...

and that's known as Gun, Submachine, M1928A1...

also known as the Chicago Typewriter, properly known as the Thompson Submachine Gun.

Go ahead, pick one up. Feel the weight. 11 pounds of blued American steel, with that gorgeous compensator. Stock and forearm made from good walnut, mostly good figure, even for mass produced stocks. Add the Lyman adjustable sight, and a 30 round blued steel stick mag, and you're good to go.

Lock the bolt to the rear. Insert a 30 round stick, slap it upward to seat it. Now, bring the weapon to your shoulder and sight in. Pull the trigger firmly to the rear--yeah, baby! Feel the weapon vibrate as 230 grain ball ammunition goes to point of aim, 25 yards away, at 750 to 800 rounds per minute.

No muzzle climb. No excessive recoil. Just lots of caliber .45 Automatic Colt Pistol holes in the target. OH, YEAH!!!!:D :D :D

My dream rifle? I'll take a Nesika Bay or Stolle Swindlehurst action, with a Kreiger 30 inch medium contour barrel, chambered in 6.5-06 Improved. Bed it and float it in a McMillan A4 stock, with a Jewell trigger. Mount a NightForce 12-42x56 scope on it with the NP2 reticle--or maybe even a Leupold 45x fixed.

Excuse me, I have to go drool now. :D

Well, I have my dream rifle that I CAN own... My PS90...

Only way it could be better would be to own the full auto version :D

PS90-99.jpg

Subgun? I'm going to have to go with the crowd and wish for a full auto P90. I know that one can buy semis these days, but thats just not the same. Also, the 16in barrel just looks silly on that gun. The only problem would be ammo. I guess if i could wish a P90 into existence, I could also wish several cases of ammo into existence. I don't know what I'd do the next day though...

Rifles depend on if I can find someone to give me free ammo. If so, then a Browning 1919, because (I know that I'm stealing someone's sig line) happiness is a warm belt fed. If no free ammo a M-16 just because of the number of uppers available.

To be a stickler, it's a MP-5/10, not a MP-10

For a dream submachine gun, assuming I could get the real SS-190 ammo, I'd take the P-90. Otherwise it'd be a MP5-K for me. As for a machine gun, I really like the MG-42, and since it uses 8mm Mauser ammo prices wouldn't be too bad.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• mg42a.jpg
    mg42a.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 315
  • mg42c.jpg
    mg42c.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 316
Wow! I think as far as a subgun, I would like the h&k UMP or h&k mp5k. As far as a rifle I would like a 20mm with about 500 rounds or a m-14, full auto with a 3rd generation night vision scope.

ack...opinion based on experience on the range: full auto m14 is good for two things:

wasting ammo

killing the hell out of divers in the water (you should see all those little splashes...no doubt in my mind that if anyone had been on the surface where we were shooting that he'd be a dead man)

ok, it's also fun. :P

edit: i say "wasting ammo" because unless you practice with it a lot, that's all you're going to end up doing...The weapon's a bit light for the recoil of automatic 7.62x51. maybe it's not so bad with one of those heavier tactical stocks (with all the rails for accessories on it), or if you've got the original stock with the pistol grip, folding forward grip, and recoil compensator...

well if santa clause was going to bring me one...a M1918A2 BAR , if a subgun
a Colt M1928 Thompson Submachinegun:D

an mp10 for a subgun, and a m240, wait, make that a mk48, or maybe an hk417, or a g3

can I just skip the semantics and call it a dream collection?

Back