draw the line

Although I own several Ruger handguns, I find their quality control.....well....sucks! I've seen quite a few come out with problems. Rough triggers, sights milled crooked, etc. But their customer service is #1. They've always fixed the problems. There just shouldn't be as many.

I love the S&W's, but it seems when the try to make a cheaper gun, i.e. 22A and 22S, their quality slips.

Taurus and Rossi's? decent guns for the money, and the quality seems to be going up all the time.

Last edited:
Might consider right off the shelve vs. the reputation of days past. Yeah, Smith was the jewel of revolvers until the early 80's, not much better around than the old 30's to 60's SW's. But outside competition, and government coercion have more or less done SW in. And anyway I have a difficult time looking at SW rev's, anymore it's like finding out your 1st love has become a puta. Taurus does make a good product-picked up a .357 7 rd Taurus and it's quite accurate out to 100 yds. Ruger's ok but they don't not to balance as well, tough but a bit overbuilt. As for Rossi, hey if it goes bang!, might make a good glovebox, walkabout gun.

Back