Dragged back, kicking and screaming

Work on that sight alignment, Miss D. :)

Shiner Bock is a fine beer, available mostly in Texas, but it's starting to appear in civilized areas of the country as well ;).

As far as I know, only one bar in Colorado Springs has it: McAllister's Pub, which has Shiner Bock on tap only. Some liquor stores carry it as well; the one I patronize only carries sixers, meaning I have to buy several sixers at once. Yes, it's that good.

As a matter of fact, I'm helping an ex-gf move stuff after work, and she's taking me to McA's when we're done. Not a bad way to start the weekend.

------------------
"Taking a long view of history, we may say that
anyone who lays down his arms deserves whatever he gets."
--Jeff Cooper

Shiner, Texas is due east of San Antonio. It's a small town originally settled by Germans. I'm told that the Catholic Church operated the only legal brewery in the U.S. there during prohibition.

It's goooooood beer!

Miss Demeanors:

Guess I can't follow your instructions very well. I typed :) and :( and ;) (per your message) and got exactly what I typed. How do you rotate the symbol and how do you add the color?

Miss D and others, Shiner also brews a good lager. It's called Shiner Blonde, which makes for some bad jokes. Shiner also has seasonal Summer and Winter brews, I haven't tried the Summer but the Winter is kind of a red ale, not bad.
Coinneach- good to see you back. Y'all have a pretty good local brew up there than has helped me pass many a pleasant hour in the Denver airport. It's called Fat Tyre.
Is this post off topic? I didn't mention anything about kicking, screaming, or dragging.

Ah yes, Fattie is good stuff as well. As far as DIA, are you sure you didn't mean "less unpleasant?"

On/off-topic... well, I had to be dragged into the dentist's office this morning, and I kicked and screamed most of the time I was there...

------------------
--Jeff Cooper

"It's just not fair."
…walking around, got my hands in my pockets, with my head down, pouting and giving the I've lost my best friend look… :(

"Why is it every time I go shooting you guys have all the fun?"

Kicking dirt around to make dust clouds…pouting some more…

"Well fine then, I'm headed home."

Walking down the dirt lane, kicking up some more dust, over alls rolled up at the bottom, bare feet dirty…

Sigh, "if it weren't for those silly chores."

Welcome back Coinneach. I'm glad you returned. Everyday, all I heard was,
"wonder where Coinneach is at?"
"wonder when Coinneach is coming back?"
"wonder what Coinneach would say?"
It was annoying man...no lie.
They drove me nuts.
:D :D :D

Glad you decided to stick around, Coin! I too look forward to reading your rants again.
Sorry I don't have any pithy remarks for ya, I feel like crap today (I's got a cobd in by doze...) ;)

Coinneach,

Be on your up and up on on the true gun facts and statistics when you go to do battle with Arthor Kellerman. There is nothing more that I would like to see than A. Kellerman defamed infront of a bunch of anti-gun liberals. Study your facts and fight your best because his facts are one sided and in most cases un-true, such as a gun owner is 41 times more likely to kill someone (family member). If that were true we would all be dead. Keep your head up and fight hard.

connieach,
If you decide to fly, check out delta express with a 7 to 14 day order you can get reasonable deals,,,,for instance orlando to nashville $89.00.....of course your never really disarmed,,,,,, ;).....fubsy.

do you feel the love.do ya.!
coor's usually like's to donate to other than democrat cause's. i won't use the "r" word since he just came back. no sense getting pissed off this early.

Hey, Coinneach!

Guess what I found at a grocery store in Dallas, Georgia this weekend?

Shiner Bock!

Got a 6-pack for the Ga. Tech/Fla. State game in honor of your return to TFL. Definitely some good stuff!

Unfortunately, Tech lost, but it was a good game!

I'm feelin' the love. Right (patting my left pec) here!

Ya know... about the Kellermann slaughter^Wdebate, I may just bring a little tape recorder, and .ra it after Dr Art runs crying from the room.

You guys (and ladies :)) think I'm bad, Paul P. makes me look like a temporizing weenie. He's worse than Sgt. Hartman from "Full Metal Jacket." I expect him to chop Dr Art into bite-size chunks, and throw him on the grill.

Rhetorically speaking, of course.

And in other gun-related news, I took a friend to the range this weekend. She couldn't deal with the 12-gauge (even with Winchester low noise/low recoil shells), but she loved the 1911. After she put 10 230-grainers into the target's A-zone from 20 feet, I loaded up the scattergun with 3" magnum shells, and rapid-fired them from the hip. Target stand fell over, and Jill complained about the muzzle blast rattling her ribs :). Poor girl doesn't have a lot of padding, being 6' and 120#.

Ah, well. It's good to be back amongst my brethren and sistren. Thanks again for the support.

------------------
--Jeff Cooper

Back