Downsizing

Status
Not open for further replies.
components in the Northwest ...have been pretty easy to find in the last 30 days....primers, and shot especially....and small and large pistol primers and bullets as well...

Gun Shows, local Trap and Skeet clubs for shotshell components, some retailers or ranges...have reloading supplies coming in - at least in this area ( Portland and Seattle )...

But to load .410's you need a press...the bases need to be re-sized.../ and most of us that shoot a lot of Skeet have .410 presses...that will turn out 20 or 30 boxes an hour with no sweat....so hitting up your buddies, to use their press for a few boxes isn't that big a deal.../ especially if you want a .410 with shot sizes of 9's, 8's, or 7 1/2's....( buy them a bag of shot for their trouble - about $ 42 a bag up here)...
------------
and I don't know what shot size you want for snakes...( probably 7 1/2's ) I would guess...or maybe bigger ../ but if you want bigger shot, your buddies won't have that anyway ...so just buy some commercial shells.

I have loaded some " OO " buckshot in .410's ....and you can buy a 5 lb box at Cabelas for about $ 27 ---- and I think its 6 pieces of shot make up 1/2 oz which is typical in a .410 shell.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Shoo...nknown;cat104792580;cat104761080;cat104568480

A model 10 rev. or even a steel model 36 would be good. Both have excellent single action triggers and aren't very heavy. Not much to a .22 with shot loads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back