Doubts about the 1911 & Glock-they suck

No doubt, Shamster...my Classic Stainless Gold Match is the most accurate and reliable pistol I have ever had, and that includes over a dozen Glocks, a half dozen SIGs of various stripe and four HK USPs.

LOL! Well, I didn't mean to stir up controversy again, but, oh well! What are you trying to say, George? I don't see the point you are trying to make. Whether or not you've been in a gun battle, it makes no difference. It also doesn't matter what you use, as long as it is reliable and potent enough. I carry almost all the time, and I think the biggest concern if you are under attack is whether or not you even get to deploy your weapon. What good is having a Glock over a Sig if someone is hell bent on harming you, sneaks up on you, and bludgeons you over the head with a baseball bat? Cops have been known to lose their weapons from time to time. Some situations are just beyond your control, no matter how much experience you have. That's the point I was trying to make (no offense intended) and, BTW, keep that Bushmaster where I can see it! ;)

[This message has been edited by Mylhouse (edited December 09, 1999).]

If Gaston Glock had lived at the turn of the century, he'd have invented the 1911. If John Browning were alive today, he'd have invented the Glock. (Of course, it wouldn't be called a Glock)

Maybe you 80 Series guys are having trouble with your Colts. I own two 70 Series Gold Cups. One has only been fired a few times, but the other has fired several thousand rounds and has never failed to feed, eject, etc. It even handles my reloads o.k.

I'm a Glock owner, and I have to admit...a 1911 is a better club than a Glock.

------------------
Shoot to kill; they'll stop when they're dead!

Back