Doubts about the 1911 & Glock-they suck

Mylhouse

Ha! Made you look!
Easy, fellas, I was only kidding...now re-engage your thumb safety, put down the gun, and slowly back away....

hehehehehe
...as the Spank would say

Well, some Kimbers certainly do & for the "Fugly" factor the brick with attitude is up there as well. ;)
It's the sucking chest wounds that they inflict that really suck !
Heh heh heh..... :D

------------------
"The Gun from Down Under !"
http://www.para1911fanclub.w3.to/
E-mail hotshot_2000@hotmail.com
Alternate E-mail
HS2000@ausi.com

Oh my, I was hoping for an all out war. Oh well.

My Ruger has a better trigger out of the box than any S&W!!!!!!

:) Darn :) I was hoping for some fun with those glock owners :)
Oh well :) maybe the next thread :)
Ever seen anyone as defensive as a glock owner, when you say his gun blows? :) Most 1911 guys simply raise an eyebrow at you because they know better :)

uh-oh... the mud has been slung..
Did you hear THAT Glock owners... Sounds to me like KY pretty much just said that Glocks SUCK.. Are you just gonna take that?
lmao... hehe... always the instigator

Now that KY mentions it, I'll sling a little mud, too. I would totally trust Glock with my life, but let's face it-how often does TSHTF? How many of us have gotten into handgun battles? If I did, I'd be scared sh*#less, but I'd be able to get the job done with any of my pistols (Sig, Glock, Ruger, Witness, Kimber) assuming I wasn't (gunshot-induced) incapacitated first. So far, all my handgun shooting has been practice and recreational, except for one instance when I was being bum-rushed by some PO'd javelinas and my Glock 22 saved my lower half. That being said, my Glock is my LEAST favorite gun to shoot, despite having night sights, hi-caps, 3.5 lb trigger, and extended slide release.

Mylhouse, isn't it amazing that it doesn't matter how much you spend on a Glock.....
It's still a Glock ! LMAO :D ;)

------------------
"The Gun from Down Under !"
http://www.para1911fanclub.w3.to/
E-mail hotshot_2000@hotmail.com
Alternate E-mail
HS2000@ausi.com

Unloading Bushmaster... stowing away the spare mags... inserting pins back into the grenades... wiping the camo off the face...

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>I would totally trust Glock with my life, but let's face it-how often does TSHTF? How many of us have gotten into handgun battles?[/quote]
1. TSHTF when you least expect it and are the least ready for it. As the Boy Scouts say - BE PREPAIRED.
2. There are several of us here that engaged in a fire fight. It does happen. Thats why we carry guns. We aint just paranoid. We aint the types that just like hanging an extra pound off our hip.

Okay - well - maybe... I guess I just like to swagger like John Wayne with a gun on my hip...

[This message has been edited by George Hill (edited December 09, 1999).]

HS, what you said -- that's a big ditto for K!MB3R!! ;)

(No free advertising, they'll have to pay me to say the name!)

------------------
Be mentally deliberate but muscularly fast. Aim for just above the belt buckle Wyatt Earp
45 ACP: Give 'em a new navel! BigG
"It is error alone that needs government support; truth can stand by itself." Tom Jefferson, Notes on Virginia, 1785

[This message has been edited by shamster (edited December 09, 1999).]

[This message has been edited by shamster (edited March 02, 2000).]

Dang, Rik, and I was just gonna ask you for you address so I could give you one a my Colts for Xmas!!! :(

------------------
Be mentally deliberate but muscularly fast. Aim for just above the belt buckle Wyatt Earp
45 ACP: Give 'em a new navel! BigG
"It is error alone that needs government support; truth can stand by itself." Tom Jefferson, Notes on Virginia, 1785

Well my 1951 light wieght commander cleared leather at the start of this thread.. and thanks to the kimber snobs its STILL on the desk beside the mouse pad ;)

You Know I REALLY don't understand BASHING the Colt. Its seems the BIGGEST problem with Gold Cups, Super Elite, gee whiz kimbers (see the HUGE THREADS about all the problems with those) etc is making the tolerances TOO TIGHT on a gun DESIGNED to be a man stopping dirt eating COMBAT gun. Why spend thousands on a gun that won't feed reliably with out a trip to the custom shop?? I'd take my John M. Browning designed (and spec'd) weapons over just about EVERYTHING available on the market, but hey that's just a matter of personal taste. The other problem seems to be out of spec magazines. Colt factory mags WORK, as do Chip McCormick's.. everything else seems like junk to me.

If I was gonna carry all day long in the mud and the crude gimmie a parkerized 1911 or ugly (but effective) plastic and black stucco coated glock.

Leave my shiny deep blued and fancy wood stocked collecter's items in the safe. I'd trust a mil - spec 1911 over ANY target grade piece if TSHTF (so to speak). But hey, I like AK's over AR's too. ;)

Bottom line is.. we all have our PREFERENCES, and there is some guy RIGHT NOW wiping the excess oil off his model 10 smith who thinks ALL us idiots with auto loaders have a screw loose. PUN INTENDED (failure to feed? Slide doesn't lock open? rack-bang? polishing feed ramps? magazine lip pressure? what the HECK does all that mean???) ;) He just pulls the trigger and it goes bang.

Will your kimber do that? will my colt? will your glock? Will your sig?...

Just something to thing about.

Dr.Rob

In fact now my COLT NEW SERVICE 1917 ARMY is sitting on the OTHER side of the monitor.

;)

too bad its not parkerized.

Dr.Rob

[This message has been edited by Dr.Rob (edited December 09, 1999).]

Well, to be totally serious for just a second, I have had many more malfunctions with revolvers than I ever had with any of my Kimbers. (That isn't too hard since I have had a total of zero malfunctions with my Kimbers). Worst jam I ever had was with a Smith 38 that got so gummed up after about 25 rounds that I had to take the sideplate off and spray the insides with Break-Free to get the little thing working again.
Autos may have more F-T-Fs than revolvers but when a revolver jams it JAMS...and you need tools and sometimes a gunsmith to make it work again.

Back